CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Cheaps
Kral
6 posters

Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? Empty Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?

Post by Kral Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:12 am

My question is, have you done it, held your child back, and how did it work out, both with grades and socially? If you were you held back, what kind of impact did it make on your life?

If your son or daughters school wanted to hold them back would you allow it or fight for them to be promoted to the next grade?

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? Empty Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?

Post by Cheaps Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:57 am

I'd probably weigh out the pros and cons first, then decide what was best.

No I was never held back.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it? Empty Re: Holding a child back a grade. Have you done it, or lived it?

Post by Supernova Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:05 am

You know, even so far back as to my grandmother's time and she's 93, nobody we ever knew who was held back a grade EVER prospered because of it, but I don't know what the answer is since what good is passing them onto another grade when they don't know anything about the one they've spent the last year in?
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 pm

My youngest daughter was physically more mature than her peers, the school wanted to bump her up a grade from grade school to Jr High . I refused because it was the middle of the year. She had a hard time making friends as it was, then to be the youngest in the class and dropped in mid year seemed to me the wrong thing to do to her. I didn't realize that most of the adults in the school thought she was older than she was until when she got her last report card, and would be going on to Jr Hi comments were made to her that she "finally made it". Fortunately she caught the "finally" and let them know how old she was. It was better for her to move on to Jr Hi with kids she already knew.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Nope
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Don't have any kids to do it to, never been held back and I wouldn't hold my kids back. I would let them go to the next grade and work on it from there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:28 pm