What's your take on this job situation topic? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your take on this job situation topic?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

What's your take on this job situation topic? Empty
PostSubject: What's your take on this job situation topic?   What's your take on this job situation topic? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:03 am

Ok, here is the situation.

A guy almost 50 is a supervisor at a place that makes paper products. He gets into a non-life-threatening car accident and hurts his back pretty bad.

He has residual pain, now limiting his work ability. He is non-union. It is unclear if this back pain is lifetime, but so far, it's been months. He has worked for this place just shy of ten years.

Is he at risk of losing his job?

My guy and I had the biggest debate about this the other night. My standpoint is he will eventually lose his job if the pain continues to hamper his ability to lift.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on this job situation topic?   What's your take on this job situation topic? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 am

Unfortunately, you may be correct, if they are unable to move him to a different dept where lifting isn't essential to the job.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on this job situation topic?   What's your take on this job situation topic? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 8:01 am

If this is a non-job related injury, you may be right. Most states allow "at will" employment which means that employers can fire employees for almost any reason.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on this job situation topic?   What's your take on this job situation topic? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:45 pm

He might, prob. will and because he has no union and therefore no backing, it would be easier for the company to do so.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on this job situation topic?   What's your take on this job situation topic? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Cheaps wrote:
Unfortunately, you may be correct, if they are unable to move him to a different dept where lifting isn't essential to the job.

That's what I was thinking too.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on this job situation topic?   What's your take on this job situation topic? EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm really glad you guys see what I was getting at. Not sure at all why my guy was really defending his stance on the fact that the guy will have job security after all this. It's too bad too because this particular family has been through some shit in the last five years and his wife is a notorious job hopper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your take on this job situation topic?   What's your take on this job situation topic? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your take on this job situation topic?
Page 1 of 1