CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
wants2laugh
Nystyle709
zthatzmanz28
Supernova
femme fatale
9 posters

Trusting the police to keep you safe

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Trusting the police to keep you safe Empty Trusting the police to keep you safe

Post by femme fatale Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 pm

If somebody was brutalizing and threatening to kill you or somebody you loved or if you witnessed a crime and the assailants know you could ID them and made threats, would you be confident enough to confide everything to the police or would you keep what you know to yourself for fear that they couldn't keep you safe?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Trusting the police to keep you safe Empty Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Been there, done that, my mother tried that when her ex-husband was threatening to kill her...well gee they couldn't do ANYTHING until he actually hurt somebody, even though EVERYBODY knew he wouldn't stop at hurt but would go all the way through to KILL.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Trusting the police to keep you safe Empty Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 am

I would call just to have it on record. As for depending on being "protected?" Not unless I was one of the elite. I remember awhile back a TV reporter (Detroit) made allegations about abuse / threats from her soon to be ex-husband. The police followed her to and from the station for several weeks to "protect" her.
    After I had made a formal complaint, I would just make sure I had the appropriate means of personal protection within my reach if I truly felt threatened.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I would tell the police because it needs to be on record. I wouldn't expect to police to somehow put a magic forcefield around me that will prevent anything from happening to me, but I do expect them to do their jobs.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:41 am

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

The police are much more helpful than the courts who let the person out i can tell you that!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:48 am

As Zman and NY said, I would file a report but I wouldn't expect them to be my body guards.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:11 am

I have faith in the NYPD.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 pm

It would depend on the situation.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:46 pm

I may be apprehensive, but I would ultimately go to the police. Remaining silent does nothing. Only gives your tormentors more leverage to keep on harassing you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:33 am