Trusting the police to keep you safe Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trusting the police to keep you safe

Go down 
+5
wants2laugh
Nystyle709
zthatzmanz28
Supernova
femme fatale
9 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Trusting the police to keep you safe Empty
PostSubject: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:41 pm

If somebody was brutalizing and threatening to kill you or somebody you loved or if you witnessed a crime and the assailants know you could ID them and made threats, would you be confident enough to confide everything to the police or would you keep what you know to yourself for fear that they couldn't keep you safe?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Been there, done that, my mother tried that when her ex-husband was threatening to kill her...well gee they couldn't do ANYTHING until he actually hurt somebody, even though EVERYBODY knew he wouldn't stop at hurt but would go all the way through to KILL.
Back to top Go down
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 am

I would call just to have it on record. As for depending on being "protected?" Not unless I was one of the elite. I remember awhile back a TV reporter (Detroit) made allegations about abuse / threats from her soon to be ex-husband. The police followed her to and from the station for several weeks to "protect" her.
After I had made a formal complaint, I would just make sure I had the appropriate means of personal protection within my reach if I truly felt threatened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 1:51 pm

I would tell the police because it needs to be on record. I wouldn't expect to police to somehow put a magic forcefield around me that will prevent anything from happening to me, but I do expect them to do their jobs.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 1:41 am

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

The police are much more helpful than the courts who let the person out i can tell you that!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 6:48 am

As Zman and NY said, I would file a report but I wouldn't expect them to be my body guards.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 9:11 am

I have faith in the NYPD.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:21 pm

It would depend on the situation.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:46 pm

I may be apprehensive, but I would ultimately go to the police. Remaining silent does nothing. Only gives your tormentors more leverage to keep on harassing you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trusting the police to keep you safe   Trusting the police to keep you safe Empty

Back to top Go down

Trusting the police to keep you safe
Page 1 of 1