CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Jason B.
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
TSJFan4Ever
8 posters

Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:32 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^^He did all of that before Gigi. Gigi/Shane humanize Rex.

I've considered it but I don't know the proper channels to do so, besides I was hoping RC had people stalking the boards to steal ideas from.(I know they read the big ones) I might've done it before but since I wrote a novel somewhat based off of it(but not a total ripoff, no Rex, Owen's sister's name is Megan and her son is named Matthew Razz), I might try to hold out and pitch it to a publisher. Razz (Not that it's good enough)

But yeah, I've definitely considered pitching it to ABC; I just doubt they'd really be open minded enough to consider it. Tony Lord being alive wouldn't be TOO big a stretch; if a man shot dead onscreen can be alive after 20+ years, so can a guy who was only presumed dead in an offscreen plane crash. Razz I'd love to see Owen hit the screens(even got a suggestion for an actor to play the part), but I don't think ABC would listen if I approached them. Best I can hope is that a publisher does. FORGIVENESS MAN

I would go with pitching to ABC, its a good and interesting story! Hey if they can bring Victor Lord back from the dead they can bring anyone!!!!

pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do I feel like I'm watching teenagers almost every time Gex are on?

Post by pisces33 Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:37 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:LOL - for me, it went downhill with Gigi as soon as they paired her with Rex. 1968 was the final nail in the coffin for me and after that, anything Gigi-related was beyond painful. Shane can stay. He can go live with Viki, seeing as how she's always taking in waifs and strays - lol. Gex can go off and... I don't know - get lost in the Amazon jungle and meet some head hunters.

The hair in the eye? I must have blocked out that painful memory!
    Honestly for me it was when Gigi chose Marcie over Shane, even warning Marcie away, while armed men warned her Shane would be hurt if she did. She stupidly turned down one million dollars so she could help a person she knew was a kidnapper. I thought she was a stupid waste of space from the start, and never had reason to change my mind.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:45 pm

^^^^Gigi never chose Marcie over Shane. Nothing she did placed Shane in any more danger than he was in. If anything, she kept him safer. Razz

Tony Marino wrote:I would go with pitching to ABC, its a good and interesting story! Hey if they can bring Victor Lord back from the dead they can bring anyone!!!!

Well I am glad you think so, although I think the second part of the story might be a bit on the dark side.(Although OLTL would love it probably) It might piss off viewers though. lol IDK you can pitch ABC ideas though, I've never heard of a way to do it. Aside from stealing quotes and maybe twists from message boards, I can't say I've heard of a case where it worked. They might be too arrogant to listen. IDK, I might have better luck with the publishers.(I got 3 other novel drafts I wanna publish too, and 1 in progress, so I am hoping to sort of get my foot in that door at some point) But if ABC sees my offer and wants to use it, I can't say I'd say No. I'd love for them to use it, just ain't sure you can pitch ideas to the mighty ABC who know best about everything.(Note the sarcasm) lol
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:42 pm

pisces33 wrote:Honestly for me it was when Gigi chose Marcie over Shane, even warning Marcie away, while armed men warned her Shane would be hurt if she did. She stupidly turned down one million dollars so she could help a person she knew was a kidnapper. I thought she was a stupid waste of space from the start, and never had reason to change my mind.

Yeah - that was pretty bad! I tolerated her prior to the Rex pairing, but I didn't really care for her. Also hated that she lead Brody on letting him get attached to Shane and think Shane was his, and she didn't really feel that bad for what she did but when you help a kidnapping who's willingly endangering a child, I guess I shouldn't expect you to feel remorse when you lie to some innocent guy and let him fall in love with your kid, thinking the kid is his. I think I liked Gigi for maybe a month but by the time she endangered Shane, I was on my way to disliking her for being stupid enough to believe Marcie and helping her, even when he meant risking her own son. It's been a very steep downhill from there. I'm just not a FF fan and I think that's a big part of the reason I can't stand Gigi. Add to that the horrendous writing, the lousy storylines and thehorrid pairing with Rex, with whom she has about as much chemistry as the bag of blood had and... well - it's a recipe for diaster that just gets worse and worse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:35 pm