CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Chris
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
zthatzmanz28
Cheaps
Marc™
11 posters

How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? Empty How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?

Post by Marc™ Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 am

For my latest job, I was hired on the spot. Day of my interview, I wound up filling out paper work. My last job took 3 interviews and about 2 weeks for everything to be a go. How much of an ordeal was it to secure your latest position? Was it immediate....or did you have to keep coming back and waiting for a final word?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? Empty Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?

Post by Cheaps Wed May 02, 2012 3:49 am

Past few jobs I've held, I've always been hired the same day I was interviewed.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? Empty Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?

Post by zthatzmanz28 Wed May 02, 2012 7:01 am

Just started looking for something new and improved. Have a telephone interview today.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 am

They've all been the same day that I can recall.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 02, 2012 11:15 am

Aside from the training, about 2 weeks.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I was hired the same day.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

After two interviews, it took about a week for me to get hired, and another two to actually start working.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Wed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

A month, at least. Government jobs never hire on the spot, at least not where I work.

I'd been job searching for six months, and my unemployment had just run out when I was offered the job. Ironic thing about it, is that two other employers I had interviewed with had offered me jobs within days afterwards. And those two sounded like much more interesting jobs but one has since gone out of business.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed May 02, 2012 2:12 pm

well i put in the application in june got called in for interview, drug test, and fingerprinting in oct... then started work a month later--- all for a temp job---but i worked that temp job for 2yrs... then i took the written exam... and it took 8mos from the time of the exam to get the interview, then two months from interview to start.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Back when the economy was good and I was working as direct care, they usually hired me within a couple of days of applying.

My current job I got in 1999 and I was pretty much hired the first day, but had to wait until the closing date on the job notice to give any internal employees a time to apply for it. Larger companies usually have longer waits and often with several applicants a vetting process.

But, I was looking for a job in my field of MR services and biked across the bay to pick up an application from this established residential facility in Miami. They said I had to fill it out there, so I was sitting in the lobby in a sweaty T-shirt and cutoff shorts. The boss came out of his office and saw me and remembered me from a symposium we both attended two years earlier. He took me in the office and I interviewed with the managers on the spot and got the job. I sort of hold the record here for coming to a job interview wearing all the wrong clothes.
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Wed May 02, 2012 11:10 pm

It took about two weeks with my current job, because I listed that my future husband worked there first. He lasted another three months-and by the grace of God-I'm still there!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:29 am