How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?

Go down 
+7
Chris
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
zthatzmanz28
Cheaps
Marc™
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? Empty
PostSubject: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:09 am

For my latest job, I was hired on the spot. Day of my interview, I wound up filling out paper work. My last job took 3 interviews and about 2 weeks for everything to be a go. How much of an ordeal was it to secure your latest position? Was it immediate....or did you have to keep coming back and waiting for a final word?
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:49 am

Past few jobs I've held, I've always been hired the same day I was interviewed.
Back to top Go down
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:01 am

Just started looking for something new and improved. Have a telephone interview today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 7:34 am

They've all been the same day that I can recall.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:15 am

Aside from the training, about 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I was hired the same day.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

After two interviews, it took about a week for me to get hired, and another two to actually start working.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:02 pm

A month, at least. Government jobs never hire on the spot, at least not where I work.

I'd been job searching for six months, and my unemployment had just run out when I was offered the job. Ironic thing about it, is that two other employers I had interviewed with had offered me jobs within days afterwards. And those two sounded like much more interesting jobs but one has since gone out of business.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:12 pm

well i put in the application in june got called in for interview, drug test, and fingerprinting in oct... then started work a month later--- all for a temp job---but i worked that temp job for 2yrs... then i took the written exam... and it took 8mos from the time of the exam to get the interview, then two months from interview to start.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Back when the economy was good and I was working as direct care, they usually hired me within a couple of days of applying.

My current job I got in 1999 and I was pretty much hired the first day, but had to wait until the closing date on the job notice to give any internal employees a time to apply for it. Larger companies usually have longer waits and often with several applicants a vetting process.

But, I was looking for a job in my field of MR services and biked across the bay to pick up an application from this established residential facility in Miami. They said I had to fill it out there, so I was sitting in the lobby in a sweaty T-shirt and cutoff shorts. The boss came out of his office and saw me and remembered me from a symposium we both attended two years earlier. He took me in the office and I interviewed with the managers on the spot and got the job. I sort of hold the record here for coming to a job interview wearing all the wrong clothes.
Back to top Go down
ph balanced
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
ph balanced

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 11:10 pm

It took about two weeks with my current job, because I listed that my future husband worked there first. He lasted another three months-and by the grace of God-I'm still there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?   How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Long Did It Take You to Get Hired?
Page 1 of 1