Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?

Go down 
+7
tmontyb
Hyacinth Girl
Nystyle709
Cheaps
wants2laugh
Bluesmama
RedBedroom
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? Empty
PostSubject: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:46 am

Should any employer meet staff out for a drink or two or organize a night out?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:49 am

My guy has his own very small business and he has done this. I appreciate it creates a common bond while allowing the crew to vent. But I think a lunch or dinner meeting is a better way to go.

When drinks are part of the equation, I feel that invites inappropriate conversations.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:59 am

In most cases I think it's wrong. I know I don't want to spend time with my bosses ~ or any of the bosses ~ outside the job. I didn't even like it when mine wanted to take us out for an occasional lunch. She finally stopped trying.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:36 am

at jcpenney, as a reward for certain sales promotions, the managers would take us out to a local bar/restaurant and present us with awards and gift certficates... while a certain number of drinks were on the company tab.

At the post office... our bosses go to the bar and bowling alley (which has a bar) with us all the time... but we spend more time at work together than we do with our families... we are all very close
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 3:54 am

Lunch and dinner would be fine, and if someone wanted to have a drink with their meal, so be it. But a night out specifically for drinking? Naw, I'd rather they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 7:01 am

Umm, I guess it depends. It would prob. be better suited for a specific occasion. I had an employer who threw grand Christmas parties for all of the workers. We would go out to a restaurant, esp one that served drinks, and drink and eat all night on their dime. They were cool about it.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 9:36 am

I can see maybe a holiday party, but even then, it's not my thing. I work with everyone at work, and I don't need to spend my free-time with them, too.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 10:20 am

It all depends on where you work and what type of relationship you have with the bosses. I don't see where there is anything so wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:19 am

tmontyb wrote:
It all depends on where you work and what type of relationship you have with the bosses. I don't see where there is anything so wrong with it.
co-signs

I have worked at places where I had a personal relationship with bosses and co-workers. I was invited to the big Xmas bash at the bosses house (whom I house/cat sat for when he went on trips). A group of us who were friends would often meet up after work for drinks at a local bar.

This was when I enjoyed working here. Now I don't go to any functions after work unless they plan to pay me for my time.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

I think its o.k.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 12:36 pm

It would be fine with me. I appreciate any employer who seeks to create a camaraderie/kinship with their employees. It creates a better working relationship, IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Should they (like it's required)? No but I worked one place where a bunch of us including one of the partners hung out socially. He bought more than his share of rounds but the party wasn't on him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?   Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should any employer have a night out with drinks with staff?
Page 1 of 1