Will you retire from your current employer? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will you retire from your current employer?

Go down 
+6
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Shale
Marc™
RedBedroom
femme fatale
10 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Will you retire from your current employer? Empty
PostSubject: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:50 am

Here's another job question for you guys.
Do you see yourself retiring from your current job? By that what I mean working at where you're currently employed all the way up until retirement age (65+) and then retiring?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 am

I work for myself, but I don't plan to continue this for my entire career. I would rather work for someone else at some point. Try to find a place with a retirement fund and benefits because it is killing us to do it privately.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:09 am

Nope. I didn't go back to school so I could retire from my current job. My goal is to walk away from this place by the time I'm 35. Hopefully my next position will be attractive enough for me to long haul it into my middle 60s. But no I don't wanna stay at my current gig for the long haul. I'm good at what I do and am a supervisor....so I could stay here indefinitely....but hell no....
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 am

femme fatale wrote:
Here's another job question for you guys.
Do you see yourself retiring from your current job? By that what I mean working at where you're currently employed all the way up until retirement age (65+) and then retiring?
I have been at my current job for the last 11 years and in this economy it is likely my last employment. (My daughter a public school teacher has been out of work for more than a year and unemployment here in Florida is in double digits).

I am retirement age so that is my fall-back plan but I know I can't afford to live on Social Security so I continue to work altho the job has become a drudge with new management.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Marc wrote:
Nope. I didn't go back to school so I could retire from my current job.

Yup. I don't think I'll be here until I'm 65 either.....even though I'm in a union and will get a pension.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:42 pm

No, but not because I'm dissatisifed with my current employer or the type of work I do. The economy just makes it unlikely that I'll be where I am now for years to come. As for a pension, I like to say mine is administered by the firm of Smith & Wesson. When it comes time to cash it in at some Federally insured institution, I figure to be set for life either way.
Back to top Go down
DarkOblivion
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
DarkOblivion

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm nowhere near where I wanna stay professionally and anticipate quitting this job by January, so no.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:35 am

Most definitely not. I'm always on the look-out for something better. The job I'm in is a job in which there is no room for advancement and you are at the mercy of a union that only looks at senioirty, not compatibility. There is no stability and nothing is certain. It's also not a full time job. I like what I do, but it's not a place I can see myself in even 5 years from now. There's one avenue I'm interested in, but that sector isn't hiring right now.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 am

Retiring from my current job isn't my goal, but I have been there for nearly a decade and am in administration, so I would be lying if I said that I don't consider it a plan "B and a half."
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:40 am

If I can help it, I will. Won't pretend what I do was my dream gig, but where I work has a very comfortable retirement benefits for employees that work there a total of twenty-five years so this is where I plan to stay for the long haul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will you retire from your current employer?   Will you retire from your current employer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will you retire from your current employer?
Page 1 of 1