CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

'Ted Nugent snaps at CBS reporter in first sit-down since Obama controversy' (video)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News 'Ted Nugent snaps at CBS reporter in first sit-down since Obama controversy' (video)

Post by Chris Mon May 07, 2012 3:01 pm

http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/04/11538754-ted-nugent-snaps-at-cbs-reporter-in-first-sit-down-since-obama-controversy

Ted Nugent snaps at CBS reporter in first sit-down since Obama controversy
    By Courtney Garcia, msnbc.com contributor

'Ted Nugent snaps at CBS reporter in first sit-down since Obama controversy' (video) 120504-ted-nugent.380;380;7;70

There was no moderation in Ted Nugent’s first interview since his Secret Service investigation, as the rocker, in seconds, switched from unruffled discourse to expletive-ridden rage when asked about his recent political rhetoric.

In a sit-down interview with the "CBS Morning Show" on Friday, set at the musician’s ranch in Texas, Nugent met with journalist Jeff Glor in, what began as, a calm back-and-forth discussion about allegations he had threatened President Obama, and the Secret Service inquiry that ensued.

“I feel sorry for liberals who can be that brain-dead to take a clear statement of fear on my part and turn it into a threat on somebody else,” Nugent told Glor. “I don’t think their [Secret Service] concern was that I threatened someone, I think their concern is that someone claimed I threatened someone. In fact, I got to tell you, and I don’t mean to put any professionals on the spot, but -- and I don’t have the greatest hearing in the world -- but I thought I heard something to the point of, ‘I didn’t think so.’”

Nugent described his “35-40 minute” meeting with the government officials in Oklahoma as “adorable,” and said he told the officials they were “responding to complete idiots,” and that “you should be investigating them.”

Moments later, Glor talked briefly with Nugent about his spread in the April headlines, referring to it as “one of the more interesting months you’ve ever had,” though Nugent felt otherwise. The reporter further probed the Republican activist about his support of the Romney campaign, whether or not they disproved of his outspoken candor when it came to the commander in chief, and how they will meet their requisites to obtain the moderate vote.

Here’s where Nugent lost it.

“You are many things, you are not moderate,” Glor pointed out.

After a defensive aside related to his charity work, Nugent’s temper rose and he began to yell at the reporter. “I’m an extremely loving, passionate man, and people who investigate me honestly, without the baggage of political correctness, ascertain the conclusion that I’m a damn nice guy. And if you can find a screening process more powerful than that I’ll [BLEEP], [BLEEP], [BLEEP], [BLEEP].”

A momentary pause ensued before Nugent directed his focus off-screen, “Or [BLEEP][BLEEP][BLEEP] -- How’s that sound?”

Noted Glor, this last statement was aimed at a female CBS news producer off camera. TMZ does the heavy lifting on sorting out what was apparently behind the bleeps.

And so, it seems, Nugent’s controversial media blitz spills into May. The rock star’s first return to the limelight came on April 17, when he said at a NRA convention he’d be “dead or in jail” if Obama was reelected, later referring to himself as a ‘black Jew at a Nazi-Klan rally.” On April 21, the military canceled his performance at its post in Fort Knox, Ky., citing his anti-Obama comments as justification, and the following week he reportedly signed a plea deal after federal prosecutors brought him to court for illegally shooting a bear on his hunting show.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

News Re: 'Ted Nugent snaps at CBS reporter in first sit-down since Obama controversy' (video)

Post by Shale Mon May 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Well it is refreshing to see an honest, forthright person, even if he honestly is a right-wing ass with anger issues.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

News Re: 'Ted Nugent snaps at CBS reporter in first sit-down since Obama controversy' (video)

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Maybe it's that Cat Scratch Fever talking?
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm

As somebody who recognizes that Ted Nugent can at times be a rabid dog, but thoroughly enjoys his music anyway, what he say was fucked on top of being incredibly stupid. You don't insinuate threats to the president.

But that's Nugent being Nugent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:20 pm