If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.

Go down 
+3
Chris
TSJToddFan
Crazy4Gaga
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy4Gaga
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Crazy4Gaga

Female
Rep : 1

If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. Empty
PostSubject: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:43 pm

And I mean act fast on making some REAL changes.

Just yesterday I realized it was this bad, sooo bad that I desperately try so much to get into storylines, that I look for some crumb, ANY little crumb worthy to watch of these storylines. For example, this new SL with Jess and Nat being pregnat, is this the best TIIC can REALLY come up with at this juncture to keep viewers tuned in-more WTD SL's. If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. 729904

Todd&Tea are truly theonly reason why I am even bothering! And I don't want it that way! I want to REALLY enjoy more storylines and characters like I did once upon a time!
This is all really saddening to me.
Back to top Go down
TSJToddFan
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
TSJToddFan

Rep : 3

If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:59 pm

I hate to sound negative, but I really don't imagine there being a OLTL in 2012. I think '11 is when the ax is going to fall. In the meantime, I have no faith in Jean Passanante coming in as associate HW. She's a show killer, and I think she will be the final nail in the coffin.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 pm

I'm really hoping that RC and JP cancel each others worse qualities out, and on a lark produce a watchable show. That's probably asking too much, but it's what I'm hoping for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 pm

I really think so, too. OLTL has SERIOUS problems and they don't seem to really care - pimping John as the flawless hero who can do no wrong but is nothing but a cyborg criminal who cares nothing for the law, the whole Morascoe fiasco - Gex haven't had a single successful story and TPTB keep pushing them on us, Viki/Charlie/Dorian/David have become jokes, the Buch girls, and so on.

TnT and the Ford brothers are OLTL's only saving grace for me and the only reason I'm watching, though if they arne't on, I don't waste time. If Trevor leaves when his contract is up next spring, he'll take a lot of fans with him, given the state of things, and that will hasten OLTL's cnacellation. The TSJ and Todd haters will get their wish, at the expense of the show. I give OLTL until 2012, too, esp. if Trevor leaves whenhis contract is up.
Back to top Go down
gmruss4
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
gmruss4

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 8:44 pm

You probably are right and they don't even seem to realize it. There are so many things they could do better but I think the writers have been writing for themselves for a long time now and not for the fans who actually watch the show. People get disgusted and just stop watching resulting in low ratings but no one is listening.
Back to top Go down
aublack40
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
aublack40

Female
Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:50 am

the writers know who and whats not working but insist shoving it down our throats anyway.. they are having a rummage sale of s/ls but the sad thing is no one is buying and overlooking everything and wondering why they showed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:56 pm

The writers don't care enough about what's not working enough to change it. They clearly think they can brainwash us by shoving those storylines down our throats - Stale, Gex, John - storylines that are going to see OLTL cancelled. I don't know if JP will make a difference, but I wonder if it's too late for OLTL at this point. As long as they keep shoving Stale, Gex and John down out throats and giving the vets storylines like what Viki/Charlie/Dorian and David have know, I don't hold out much hope.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:25 pm

When you go 50+ years of recycling the same stories, actors, head writers, etc. eventually something is going to give. I think ABC soaps saving grace so far has been that they're owned by ABC and therefore ABC doesn't have to pay out license fees to air them. That gives them a leg up on the competitor soaps, but eventually ABC is going to get bored and realize that it's not worth it to keep them. The only question is which will go first: OLTL or AMC?
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Good point - AMC might just go first. It was pretty bad when I quit a couple of years ago - not sure if it's gone downhill since then but I've heard GH has since I quit 6 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.   If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr. Empty

Back to top Go down

If ABCD don't act fast, I see the show amping towards cancellation next yr.
Page 1 of 1