CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Shale
Nystyle709
Suzi
wants2laugh
Chris
10 posters

Are you friends with anyone who is 'dumb?'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you friends with anyone who is 'dumb?' Empty Are you friends with anyone who is 'dumb?'

Post by Chris Fri May 18, 2012 1:34 am

Do you have any friends who generally come off as light in the brains department? If so, are they as dumb as seem?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Are you friends with anyone who is 'dumb?' Empty Re: Are you friends with anyone who is 'dumb?'

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 18, 2012 2:09 am

i have two friends that come to mind. one is a fun, lovely woman who would never hurt anyone... but she is smart in SOME areas, but totally oblivious to others!

the guy is not so much as DUMB... but too trusting..... if someone tells him something, he takes it as truth. he doesnt expect a friend/partner to lie to him.... and he never even considers that it could be a lie.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Are you friends with anyone who is 'dumb?' Empty Re: Are you friends with anyone who is 'dumb?'

Post by Suzi Fri May 18, 2012 2:15 am

I wouldn't say any of my friends are dumb. I do have one who is painfully ignorant. She is innately bright enough but has little interest in the world around her, just in the world she is comfortable in. Very little education since her parents didn't seem to value education, then she spent a lot of time in hospitals and a body cast and so her education suffered then too.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 18, 2012 8:29 am

Nope.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 18, 2012 8:42 am

It may not be a matter of intelligence as it is of focus. Some ppl who are quite bright, just don't process in normal ways. A caraciture of that would be Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory, a genius with NO social skills.

As some here may know, I have been working with intellectually disabled adults for decades. Back in the late '70s I was working in a group home and became friends with one of the residents who was mildly retarded.

I found it facinating how astute he could be in so many areas. I assisted him and his girlfriend when they tried living together in an apartment. One incident, when we went out to a restaurant was his hiding the fact that he could not read. He held the menu and in our coversation of the food determined his order and the waitress had no idea that he did not read anything off that menu. That seemed pretty smart to me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 am

We know people who we're friendly with but I wouldn't call them friends exactly who do things that make us shake our heads sometimes but I wouldn't call them dumb.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 18, 2012 1:57 pm

LOL Yes and Yes.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 18, 2012 4:35 pm

In the past I have been associated with a few airheads, but not really right now.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat May 19, 2012 3:49 am

Currently no, but being a pothead back in the day, yea.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat May 19, 2012 9:17 pm

Oh, yes. One of my closest guy friends is a total dumb ass. When he was in his 20's I overlooked a lot of his stupidity. But now he has a family and is over 30 and it isn't as easily over-looked.

He gets hurt whenever he tries to do anything and doesn't fully understand that when a person turns 30, people don't laugh that dumb shit off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:21 pm