CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
Forgiveness Man
Impact
Chris
Supernova
TPP
10 posters

This is probably a dumb question...

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

This is probably a dumb question... Empty This is probably a dumb question...

Post by TPP Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:00 pm

But how tolerant of back and forth debate are you guys here? I'm worried a little, because I was so vocal in Supernova's spanking thread. I'm new here and I don't want to be annoying and I don't know the "culture" of this board that well...

I try to be agreeable but we all have our own opinions and that was just something that's an "issue" for me that I care about. I wouldn't go starting topics about it, because I'm sure you guys don't care that much about what my opinion about it is, but if it comes up...

Anyway, I want to be a nice person and not some obnoxious new person who is just annoying everyone.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

This is probably a dumb question... Empty Re: This is probably a dumb question...

Post by Supernova Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:12 pm

I wouldn't worry, you're not annoying in the least. You're like me, you've got a strong opinion about something and you stick to it, on other boards that can lead to a battle royale as I know only too well; but here I think we're all mature enough to agree to disagree when we simply can't see things on the same level.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

This is probably a dumb question... Empty Re: This is probably a dumb question...

Post by Chris Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:15 pm

Well TPP, let me just say that while I like it when people discover (and bond over) common interests and opinions, I also enjoy it when people have contrasting points of view, and express them. I think it makes the threads more exhilarating. Sometimes wall-to-wall agreement becomes a bit stagnant. I want everyone to feel like they can come here and express their opinion. There's a difference between having a contrasting POV and arguing/expressing your point, and being a troll, or unlikable. At the same time, I would hope that everyone here would be able to hear a differing POV without letting it bend them out of shape.

While I am for moderate/tempered physical punishment of children who willfully misbehave, I wasn't at all put off by your arguing your stance against it in Supernova's thread.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better Smile I *thought* that, everyone here seems really mature, but then I had a moment of self doubt. It's weird being the odd man out...But it's fine!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Absolutely. In your three short months, you have become a very important and standout presence here TPP. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that I am glad to have you here! Your posts, threads and opinions are a welcome addition. I look forward to seeing you online.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:47 pm

You're fine. Your anti-spanking position in the spanking thread didn't personally bother me at all. I could see you were passionate about how you felt, but at no point were you rude or condescending about it, so it didn't leave any nasty taste in my mouth.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Impact wrote:You're fine. Your anti-spanking position in the spanking thread didn't personally bother me at all. I could see you were passionate about how you felt, but at no point were you rude or condescending about it, so it didn't leave any nasty taste in my mouth.

Thank you, I appreciate that.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:26 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:Thanks guys, that makes me feel better Smile I *thought* that, everyone here seems really mature, but then I had a moment of self doubt. It's weird being the odd man out...But it's fine!

No offense but you hardly seem to be the odd man out on this forum. Wink
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:Thanks guys, that makes me feel better Smile I *thought* that, everyone here seems really mature, but then I had a moment of self doubt. It's weird being the odd man out...But it's fine!

I was going to make a joke about how I was checking to see if my name had accidentally been changed to Forgiveness Man, but I didn't know if you would see it and I didn't want to talk "behind your back" so now that you're here I can say it Wink

Truthfully though, I often feel like "the odd man out" not here but in general, because I have some views that are very liberal, and some that are very conservative, so I don't "fit in" with either group usually.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:17 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:

I was going to make a joke about how I was checking to see if my name had accidentally been changed to Forgiveness Man, but I didn't know if you would see it and I didn't want to talk "behind your back" so now that you're here I can say it Wink

Truthfully though, I often feel like "the odd man out" not here but in general, because I have some views that are very liberal, and some that are very conservative, so I don't "fit in" with either group usually.

lol Hey, I might've actually laughed at that one. Razz It's good. big grin

I can get that. lol I feel like the odd man out a lot. Not just in terms of religious or political beliefs either. Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:22 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote: ...Anyway, I want to be a nice person and not some obnoxious new person who is just annoying everyone.
    ROFLMAO!

Sorry, ur still in training here for the obnoxious title. There are others much more experienced than you.

(You argue well, even tho I disagreed with you on the forum cited.)
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Shale wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote: ...Anyway, I want to be a nice person and not some obnoxious new person who is just annoying everyone.
    ROFLMAO!

Sorry, ur still in training here for the obnoxious title. There are others much more experienced than you.

(You argue well, even tho I disagreed with you on the forum cited.)

Thanks Smile
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:52 pm

TPP, just the fact that you're worried that you might offend someone is proof enough of how inoffensive you are. You've fast become one of the most pleasant reasons to visit here.

And look at your bad self. You'll probably hit 1,000 posts before the day is done!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:07 am

alan smithee wrote:TPP, just the fact that you're worried that you might offend someone is proof enough of how inoffensive you are. You've fast become one of the most pleasant reasons to visit here.

And look at your bad self. You'll probably hit 1,000 posts before the day is done!

Oooh, I am close!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:50 am

Say what you have to say, say it how you want to say it and don't worry about it. Don't get hung up on trying to be nice all the time. You'll still sleep at night. Take it from moi. Smile
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:... Don't get hung up on trying to be nice all the time. You'll still sleep at night. Take it from moi. Smile
    But a nice person would be concerned about offending ppl.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Shale wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:... Don't get hung up on trying to be nice all the time. You'll still sleep at night. Take it from moi. Smile
    But a nice person would be concerned about offending ppl.

Not if a nice person is speaking his/her mind.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Hey TPP, I personally don't get involved in heated topics but that dosen't mean I don't read them. I think a lot of us that have been here for awhile pretty much know that when a heated discussion comes up, people say what they feel and express their opinions without anyone becoming annoyed or upset about it. This is a great group of people, we have all butted heads with one another over the past year and we don't get mad or upset at one another if we don't agree. Like you said agree to disagree and thats it, we move on but we still love one another Smile You have been such a great addition to this board, I may not comment on all things you say but I do read them as I do everyone elses and I quite enjoy reading a heated debate cause I just might learn something I didn't know before!!!!

This is probably a dumb question... 56354
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:But how tolerant of back and forth debate are you guys here? I'm worried a little, because I was so vocal in Supernova's spanking thread. I'm new here and I don't want to be annoying and I don't know the "culture" of this board that well...

I try to be agreeable but we all have our own opinions and that was just something that's an "issue" for me that I care about. I wouldn't go starting topics about it, because I'm sure you guys don't care that much about what my opinion about it is, but if it comes up...

Anyway, I want to be a nice person and not some obnoxious new person who is just annoying everyone.
    I'm probably one of the most "opinionated" people here, and my opinion often clashes with others. I obviously don't mind debate at all (in fact, I enjoy it). As long as all parties are respectful and tactful, I don't really see anything wrong with it (unless you are just playing devils advocate for the same of an argument or intentionally trying to hurt other people's feelings). Once "emotions" get thrown into it (ie: name calling) then I generally lose interest. If I find that I start becomming emotionally passionate during a particular debate (which doesn't happen that often), that's pretty much when it's time for me to walk away.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:38 pm

You all are really great, thanks so much for the reassurance!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:27 pm