CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
AtownPeep
Marc™
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
CeCe
Shale
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
wants2laugh
Chris
14 posters

Have you ever dated someone abusive?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever dated someone abusive? Empty Have you ever dated someone abusive?

Post by Chris Fri May 18, 2012 1:49 am

Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who had an abusive personality? This question isn't limited to physical abuse, or even to you as the target of their abusive ways (i.e., perhaps they never taunted you personally, but were prone to bullying other people in your presence.)
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Have you ever dated someone abusive? Empty Re: Have you ever dated someone abusive?

Post by wants2laugh Fri May 18, 2012 1:52 am

my drunken ex was verbally/mentally abusive. he would never hit me, even when drunk. and he would get mean and nasty... then i would leave him anywhere he started his crap... and would refuse to see him if he called when he was drinking.

however, when you are involved with someone who kills for a living, the thought does cross your mind how easy it would be for him to kill you. once we were talking about a friend whose husband beat her so bad she wound up in a hospital. I looke at my soldier and told him point blank "Kill me if u ever hit me... cause i WILL get you. When you are in the shower, when you're sleepin... wehn you're taking a shit... i'll shoot you with your own weapon. And i read enough about forensics and trajectory that i'll make it look like you were cleaning itor a suicide or something" lol
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Have you ever dated someone abusive? Empty Re: Have you ever dated someone abusive?

Post by Cheaps Fri May 18, 2012 3:50 am

No.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 18, 2012 8:06 am

No
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 18, 2012 8:18 am

Jim, my partner for five years seemed to alienate all of his friends. He could get moody and lash out. Once he got mad and pushed me. I told him that would never happen again - and it didn't.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 18, 2012 8:22 am

Yeah
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 18, 2012 8:52 am

Nope.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Yes, once and when I realized it was not going to change I said bye bye!!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Dated, maybe....but not a "relationship".
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat May 19, 2012 1:07 am

Chris wrote:Have you ever been in a relationship with someone who had an abusive personality? This question isn't limited to physical abuse, or even to you as the target of their abusive ways (i.e., perhaps they never taunted you personally, but were prone to bullying other people in your presence.)

Yes I have dated guys who thought they were tough and liked to put on a show about it.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Sat May 19, 2012 3:05 am

Yes...that shyt is super whack.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Unfortunately yes. I know I posted on here just over a year ago that I found out he had died. I probably think about that twice a week, if not more. It is such a blessing to know I will never run into him. For SO many years I worried he would be somewhere I went and see I have a son and then go nuts again.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat May 19, 2012 11:17 pm

i can appreciate how you feel. my ex and i work together. and he became so controlling and stalker like after i dumped him, that i had to put a sexual harrassment claim against him in work to keep him away. i still cringe when i see him
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Sat May 19, 2012 11:49 pm

If we're talking the pimp slap kind, nope. The co-dependent needy kind, yup.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Sat May 19, 2012 11:50 pm

I once dated this woman who would sit in the car until I opened her door, stand outside the building until I held the door for her, and would stand at the table in a restaurant until I pulled her chair out.
    That was pretty brutal. But like I said, I dated her ONCE...
    ph balanced
    ph balanced
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by ph balanced Sat May 19, 2012 11:52 pm

zthatzmanz28 wrote:I once dated this woman who would sit in the car until I opened her door, stand outside the building until I held the door for her, and would stand at the table in a restaurant until I pulled her chair out.
    That was pretty brutal. But like I said, I dated her ONCE...

That's not abusive; that's lazy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 26, 2024 11:10 am