Jealousy equals love? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jealousy equals love?

Go down 
+6
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Shale
Bluesmama
Tony Marino
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Jealousy equals love? Empty
PostSubject: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Have you dated jealous guys/girls in the past? I've always thought that jealousy is a negative, undesirable characteristic and I should avoid it. A friend told me the last man she dated told her he's jealous because that's how he should feel about the woman he loves. I don't think I would feel loved by this, I would feel bothered and a bit smothered.

How do jealous lovers justify their feelings? Does anything trigger jealousy or is it a part of someone's personality?
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 4:32 pm

I think a little bit of jealousy is natural and acceptable. But beyond that it is not only smothering but indicative of immense insecurities.

In the early stages of relationships I tend to get a bit jealous, and I know it's because of insecurities in that phase. Once I'm past that I become quite the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Jealousy may stem from a primitive mating instinct - the one that has two males locking horns & butting heads. In humans I don't find it too appealing and it is not a given to have or show love for someone. In fact, some men justify their controlling pathologically abusive behavior as jealousy.

But that is me, coming from a background of multiple sex partners shared in a small community. What's to be jealous about?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:18 pm

Jealousy ≠ love
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Extreme jealousy does not equal love. Like Blues said, a bit of jealousy is natural and anticipated. But when it goes to an extreme where it is being voiced constantly, time to get out of that relationship.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Bluesmama wrote:
I think a little bit of jealousy is natural and acceptable. But beyond that it is not only smothering but indicative of immense insecurities.

I agree
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Bluesmama wrote:

Jealousy equals love? 35166
Back to top Go down
Artemis
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Artemis

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:50 pm

A tinsy bit is okay. Voicing that jealousy over & over, turn off. It reeks of insecurities
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Artemis wrote:
A tinsy bit is okay. Voicing that jealousy over & over, turn off. It reeks of insecurities

Well said, Artemis!
Back to top Go down
zthatzmanz28
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
zthatzmanz28

Male
Rep : 13

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:15 pm

So then does LOVE = JEALOUSY?

I really have a hard time accepting this. Jealousy = INSECURITY and DISTRUST.

Thinking jealousy is a positive is like saying YOU MADE ME HIT YOU...
Back to top Go down
http://www.blueroadblogger.com
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 10:35 pm

It depends on how much they let their jealous overtake their rationale. My BF and I are both possessive of each other and have indicated jealous feelings in certain situations, but we have never let those feelings dictate how we act or treat each other!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jealousy equals love?   Jealousy equals love? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jealousy equals love?
Page 1 of 1