The Obvious Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Obvious

Go down 
+4
CeCe
Shale
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:28 am

Why people have to be judgemental of others? Why are they racist/sexist/homophobic discriminate in any way? It can't be self esteem so what is it? Why are so many xenophobes?

Last edited by Tony Marino on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:41 am

I find that the most judgment of others comes from those saying that we shouldn't be judgmental. It's the perpetual irony that many who preach tolerance the loudest tend to judge others the harshest.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:52 am

Just ignorance & stupidity, plain & simple.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I think it CAN be self esteem. Some people have a need to feel like they are better than others which is a sign of insecurity. Some of them want to think they are important or have some kind of power. Some just hate. That & what Shale said.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 pm

I think that goes back to Early Man. If I could prove it I'd be willing to bet that such behaviors existed between Neanderthal and Humans.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:30 pm

CeCe wrote:
I think it CAN be self esteem. Some people have a need to feel like they are better than others which is a sign of insecurity. Some of them want to think they are important or have some kind of power. Some just hate. That & what Shale said.

Good analyses CeCe.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:29 pm

I admit, I have never fully understood the link between discrimination and low self-esteem. I seriously doubt low self-esteem is to blame as often as many people think it is.

I think it all has to do with how self-centered people are. People think their way is the only way. It's everything from sexual preference to parenting.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 pm

It's in our nature to judge.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:52 am

I think it has to do with a fear of the unknown and lack of understanding of each other. Today we live in a small world due to the internet, and more and more people are learning from each other. Years ago when communication was not as readily available, and people stayed "with like kind", i do not think they understood each other. In Philly, my family lived in the "italian section" and the "german section"...these lines were not crossed. My italian grandmother was terrified of gypsies, but couldnt tell me why.

I work in a building where racial, sexual, and even religious issues are openly discussed. In a building of 1500, I can honestly state that i have only met about 4 racist a$$holes. Two were white and two were black... but racists all the same. I do not think that we openly discuss things enough. The women in our building talk about how white women get curly perms, and black women get straight perms. We talk about how some black men really like hairy legs. We talk about how soul food creates physical problems such as thyroid problems.... we talk about skin differences with soaps/lotions that need to specifically do things for the different colors... we talk about how the asian women's hair is more course and never wants to curl--- and then we find ways to fix any problems the others have. We talk about how a woman could be married and have children, then decide to start dating women. I even had a supervisor "Bob" who became "Vicki" and asked me for my ob/gyn to make an appt--- then when i asked her why she would need a pap smear when she did not have a real cervix, she explained the whole procedure to me, and that her cells could change. In none of these discussions does anyone get offended, or accusatory, it is just people (almost like a family) who talk about things.

But u have to remember, i live in an area where they think that Rocky was a real person who really lived here! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Obvious Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Obvious   The Obvious Empty

Back to top Go down

The Obvious
Page 1 of 1