Rock of Ages Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock of Ages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Rock of Ages Empty
PostSubject: Rock of Ages   Rock of Ages EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Rock of Ages
Movie Blurb by Shale
June 15, 2012

I don't go to plays. I think it was work related that I went to "P.S. Your Cat is Dead" decades ago. Otherwise the only time I see plays is when they are made into movies, like this one.

It is a musical if you didn't know, set in 1987 with the popular music we've all heard over the years, starting with Night Rangers' Sister Christian, as Sherrie Christian (Julianne Hough) a blond Okie girl heads off to LA for her fame & fortune as a singer.

In LA she meets an aspiring singer, Drew Boley (Diego Boneta) who is working tables at The Bourbon Room on Sunset Strip and gets her a job there. They have common interests, such as music and wanting to get noticed

The Bourbon Room is run by Dennis Dupree (Alec Baldwin) and his partner Lonny Barnett (Russell Brand). Not only is the club struggling but Patricia Whitmore (Catherine Zeta-Jones) the Mayor's wife is on a crusade with the churches to shut it and all of the strip down. Things come to a head when the club gets a big booking from famous, ageing rock star Stacee Jaxx (Tom Cruise) to do his band's last gig there before going solo.

Of course all characters are portrayed over the top here. Catherine Zeta-Jones just looks evil with her purity. And Cruise has a scene where he and Rolling Stone writer Constance Sack (Malin Akerman) do a duet to Foreigner's I Want To Know What Love Is that is so sexually charged it barely stays PG-13

This movie didn't get good reviews from the aggregate critics on Rottentomatoes (43%), but about two-thirds of audiences liked it. It was entertaining and light, not to be taken seriously.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7287051#post7287051

Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Rock of Ages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock of Ages   Rock of Ages EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:56 am

I just got around to seeing this a few days ago & was surprised by how much I liked it. The important thing like you said is not to take it too seriously. But it was a very enjoyable movie. Don't necessarily want to run out & buy it but wouldn't mind seeing it again sometime.
Back to top Go down

Rock of Ages
Page 1 of 1