My motel owner rant....am I wrong? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My motel owner rant....am I wrong?

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

My motel owner rant....am I wrong? Empty
PostSubject: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:52 am

Please be honest about what you think about this.

If a person reserves a room in a small motel, should the motel owner be antsy after the fact about how late the guest will arrive?

I understand they have to stay up until the guest checks in...but isn't that the nature of the beast? I don't think reserving a room in a small motel means the guest should be expected to arrive at a certain time. And if that is an expectation, it should be spoken upon booking.

I have had issues with this for years. You would be surprised how many motel owners of small properties get all worried about having to stay up late to register guests. Normally when my son races we stay at the track, but a lot of times we get cheap rooms nearby.

So, tonight, I have some lady in Michigan calling me, pissed off. because not only are my boys getting there late, but our friends are too. And I had extended her the courtesy of calling to let her know they would be in after midnight.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:16 am

Personally, i think they should be happy for the business. Regardless of what time you arrive, you are still paying for the whole night, so whether it is 4pm that you check in or midnight.. you are charged the same!

If a motel person got nasty with me about such things, i would respond, "guess i will be staying at hampton inn then"
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:23 am

wants2laugh wrote:
Personally, i think they should be happy for the business. Regardless of what time you arrive, you are still paying for the whole night, so whether it is 4pm that you check in or midnight.. you are charged the same!

If a motel person got nasty with me about such things, i would respond, "guess i will be staying at hampton inn then"

The thing is, most of these towns do not have "better" options. Even if they did, there is only so much of the mx budget that can go to lodging.

Tonight, they have arrived...my son's text was, "They have showers and air conditioning!" Yep, the bar was set loooowwww.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:03 am

wants2laugh wrote:
co-signs If they have a problem they should state, "No check in after 12:00AM (or whatever)" when guests make the reservation.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:59 am

wants2laugh wrote:

My motel owner rant....am I wrong? 35166
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:27 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
My motel owner rant....am I wrong? Tumblr_li6t6vxlHr1qavwwy-1

My motel owner rant....am I wrong? 34y2x60 Couldn't have said it better myself!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:23 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Please be honest about what you think about this.

If a person reserves a room in a small motel, should the motel owner be antsy after the fact about how late the guest will arrive?

I understand they have to stay up until the guest checks in...but isn't that the nature of the beast? I don't think reserving a room in a small motel means the guest should be expected to arrive at a certain time. And if that is an expectation, it should be spoken upon booking.

I have had issues with this for years. You would be surprised how many motel owners of small properties get all worried about having to stay up late to register guests. Normally when my son races we stay at the track, but a lot of times we get cheap rooms nearby.

So, tonight, I have some lady in Michigan calling me, pissed off. because not only are my boys getting there late, but our friends are too. And I had extended her the courtesy of calling to let her know they would be in after midnight.

Their problem not yours.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:38 pm

She picked the business she's in & should be well aware of all that goes with it. She actually should be thankful for paying customers, especially in this economy.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:12 pm

We are frequently late-night walk-ins during our road trips, and we haven't had a problem yet. Always, someone sleeps where they can hear the buzzer, and they've come out looking groggy but courteous enough.

I used to frequent one hotel in San Francisco that closed the office at 10 or so, Period. No one there to even answer the phone. But that is known up front, even in their website.

Some motel-owners do switch on their "No Vacancy" signs at night. We've certainly encountered this a few times, even when their lot was anything but full.

I'd say you should be annoyed. Unless they want to officially close their office at night then they should be accommodating, even at their inconvenience. Shit happens at night.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:36 pm

i remember once while driving back from Hershey PA, we hit a terrible rain storm, the kind where i could not see ANYTHING... it was just a sheet of water on my windshield. After waiting under an overpass for awhile, i realized the storm was not passing... so pulled off the first exit that i saw and tried to get a room at the holiday inn convention center in Morgantown PA. The place was booked for a convention (why someone would have a convention there is beyond me!). I was then directed to a rinky dink norman bates type of motel across the street. It had THREE doors, the room front door, the adjoining room door, and a back door! who ever heard of a back door in a motel??? I slept in a king sized bed between my bro and my hubby cause i was terrified Norman was busting thru one of those doors! lol
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:48 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
i remember once while driving back from Hershey PA, we hit a terrible rain storm, the kind where i could not see ANYTHING... it was just a sheet of water on my windshield. After waiting under an overpass for awhile, i realized the storm was not passing... so pulled off the first exit that i saw and tried to get a room at the holiday inn convention center in Morgantown PA. The place was booked for a convention (why someone would have a convention there is beyond me!). I was then directed to a rinky dink norman bates type of motel across the street. It had THREE doors, the room front door, the adjoining room door, and a back door! who ever heard of a back door in a motel??? I slept in a king sized bed between my bro and my hubby cause i was terrified Norman was busting thru one of those doors! lol

Freaky!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My motel owner rant....am I wrong?   My motel owner rant....am I wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

My motel owner rant....am I wrong?
Page 1 of 1