Wedge issues during election years Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wedge issues during election years

Go down 
+4
Impact
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Wedge issues during election years Empty
PostSubject: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 4:47 am

Do politicians stances on wedge issues (controversial topics such as same sex marriage, immigration, birth control, etc., etc.) tend to sway you in favor or against them during voting season?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 11:02 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:29 am

Take them into consideration but don't let it distract me from the real issues at hand or my own personal interests. Wedge issues are often used to deflect.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:52 am

I don't sway. lol
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 am

Impact wrote:
Take them into consideration but don't let it distract me from the real issues at hand or my own personal interests. Wedge issues are often used to deflect.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am

If a candidate is against civil rights, (as most Repugnican candidates are) then there are no other issues that will make me support that candidate. Civil rights is not a 'wedge' issue to me.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
Rainmaker

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Impact wrote:

Agree that wedge issues are pulled out by politicians looking to divert attention from more pressing issues that effect everyone. The issue for this presidential election should be all about the economy and how each candidate plans to immediately improve it, but Obama had to go and shift attention to same sex marriage and immigration. It drives me bonkers that he did that, because it feels to me like he only did because he didn't have much to say about what his plans for the economy are going forward, so instead lets talk about the gays and the immigrants. 2 subjects that are so emotionally charged and melodramatic that they polarize people into ignore more common interests. I didn't want to vote for Romney, but Obama's slick behavior during this season has made me turn almost completely against him. I was staunchly on his side before. Now if I even bother to vote at all, I'm sadly leaning towards Mitt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedge issues during election years   Wedge issues during election years Empty

Back to top Go down

Wedge issues during election years
Page 1 of 1