CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories of Children who Murdered Their Parents

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories of Children who Murdered Their Parents Empty Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories of Children who Murdered Their Parents

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:28 pm

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0312950063/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_g14_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=1C8N0KRF9Z6QW695NZCH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470939031&pf_rd_i=507846

Has anybody read this book? I got it at Wal-Mart several years ago and got halfway through the second chapter before I lost interest in it. Though that was largely because my mom found it and made a BIG deal about me reading a book like that and what are the people going to think where I bought that from that I read books like THAT, etc. It doesn't really occur to her that these kinds of books are published because they WANT people to buy them and read them and the stores agree to sell them because they think customers WILL buy them. I still have it somewhere though and plan to pick it up again someday.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories of Children who Murdered Their Parents Empty Re: Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories of Children who Murdered Their Parents

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:57 pm

I wouldn't advice myself to read it given the stuff I tend to write.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories of Children who Murdered Their Parents Empty Re: Killer Kids: Shocking True Stories of Children who Murdered Their Parents

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:37 pm

I've never read any of your stuff, what kind of stuff do you write?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:40 pm

^^^^Usually violent stuff about broken families being targetted by serial killers.(Or sometimes so slightly less nefarious antagonist, but still one who ends up causing some damage.) Last thing I need is something to give me inspiration to have my next killer be a pint-sized maniac. lol It's the logical next step and I probably should be steering my work away from the corpsepiles. (Especially after the book I wrote last summer. Razz )
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:28 pm

I like stories about serial killers, true crime, crime fiction, horror, don't make much difference to me. I'm trying to write one myself but I hit the wall a couple weeks back, I want to do one that looks at the possibility of a second Phantom Killer emerging 50 years after the Texarkana Moonlight Murders.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Supernova wrote:I like stories about serial killers, true crime, crime fiction, horror, don't make much difference to me. I'm trying to write one myself but I hit the wall a couple weeks back, I want to do one that looks at the possibility of a second Phantom Killer emerging 50 years after the Texarkana Moonlight Murders.

If you got the drive, I am sure you can do it! big grin "Like" is probably a poor word to describe my feelings about serial killer fiction. I guess, "interested" describes it better? lol I just know if I read about evil killer kids, I'm going to get another idea and it's going to lead to a lot more bloodshed in the pages of my writing. And I am trying to go on a fiction corpse diet. big grin IDK if what I've written already is any good, but it does have quite the body count. I gotta try to ease up on my poor characters. >:-)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

I prefer the suspense and the detective work angles of the stories, trying to find this bastard before he finds his next victim, and where is he going to strike again, and who, all the guesswork.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 pm

Not sure if I really focus on that and not. I do, but I don't? Confused yet? lol But yeah, I gots lots of blood. I can only imagine what I'd do with a psycho kid. Oy ve.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:41 pm