Homemade food your family is famous for. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homemade food your family is famous for.

Go down 
+5
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Homemade food your family is famous for. Empty
PostSubject: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Is there a homemade food that your family is famous for?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Cookies and fried chicken for sure.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I-T-A-L-I-A-N!!
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Famous for? Naw, not really.

We all love it when my grandpa makes his menudo, but not a lot of people know about it outside our family.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:55 pm

People expect my wife to make cookies at Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Fried chicken, ribs and sweet potato pie. SPP is my mother's specialty. She should market it.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:48 am

Nope... i have the only italian mother on the planet that never cooked!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:13 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
Nope... i have the only italian mother on the planet that never cooked!

faints Isn't that against some federal law?
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Nope no fame, but I used to love to bake, I thought of it as an art form. Then my husband had to watch the carbs, now he is diabetic. Then a year or so ago he developed high blood pressure now he can have no salt. Cooking is a drag when you can't season anything. I use more spices and herbs to try to disguise the fact that there is no salt in the food but it is still a drag! I do it because he loves to eat and I want to keep him alive.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 4:50 am

Suzi wrote:
Nope no fame, but I used to love to bake, I thought of it as an art form. Then my husband had to watch the carbs, now he is diabetic. Then a year or so ago he developed high blood pressure now he can have no salt. Cooking is a drag when you can't season anything. I use more spices and herbs to try to disguise the fact that there is no salt in the food but it is still a drag! I do it because he loves to eat and I want to keep him alive.

baking is one thing that my mother claims she did--- she swears that she used to bake apple pie from the tree in our back yard... only problem.. no one in the family remembers the tree--- and there were absolutely NO pies! LOL
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:43 pm

Oddly we had a Quince tree and a sour cherry tree in one yard. I never used either for pies. I went on a jam making kick though and made several jams one year. I decided the quince would make great apple jelly, so I carefully made a lovely looking jelly, a soft clear pink hue really pretty. The problem was I used the normal amount of pectin and apparently quince have plenty of natural pectin, the jelly was literally like rubber.

However my baking skills were not imaginary, I loved it. I baked for others and enjoyed that too. Its been about 12 years now since I stopped baking for the most part, and my touch has gone. I make as many failures now as successes when I make birthday cakes for kids and friends.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 7:11 pm

I don't know about famous, but in family circles, my sister is known for her desserts (cakes, pies, etc.) and I have an aunt who hooks the hell up out of some mac and cheese.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homemade food your family is famous for.   Homemade food your family is famous for. Empty

Back to top Go down

Homemade food your family is famous for.
Page 1 of 1