CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
Suzi
wants2laugh
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
AtownPeep
Forgiveness Man
Shale
Cheaps
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
16 posters

Would you prefer your son to be aggressive or sensitive?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you prefer your son to be aggressive or sensitive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you prefer your son to be aggressive or sensitive?

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:45 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Oh really? That's wonderful. And I STILL prefer rugged and aggressive.

But why does that have to be the determining factor in if a boy is a boy or not? You make it clear he would have to be those things to be a BOY as if there's only one kind of boy in the whole world.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Would you prefer your son to be aggressive or sensitive? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you prefer your son to be aggressive or sensitive?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 am

Supernova wrote:

But why does that have to be the determining factor in if a boy is a boy or not? You make it clear he would have to be those things to be a BOY as if there's only one kind of boy in the whole world.

You read only what you want to read don't you? My statement about him being a boy doesn't knock boys who are sensitive and peaceful. That's what YOU think and what you want to think. I am quite aware that there is more that one type of "boy" in the world. However, the OP did ask a question and I answered it. Rugged and aggressive would be my preference, but it's not something that I'm hellbent on. My comment about him being a "boy" meant that whatever temperament my male child possessed , I would hope he's still a typical boy at the end of the day. Get it now?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

You read only what you want to read don't you? My statement about him being a boy doesn't knock boys who are sensitive and peaceful. That's what YOU think and what you want to think. I am quite aware that there is more that one type of "boy" in the world. However, the OP did ask a question and I answered it. Rugged and aggressive would be my preference, but it's not something that I'm hellbent on. My comment about him being a "boy" meant that whatever temperament my male child possessed , I would hope he's still a typical boy at the end of the day. Get it now?

For the most part but what exactly IS a typical boy? This isn't the 1950s when boys had chemistry sets and dressed like cowboys and girls had baby dolls and played house. Exactly what applies to each gender role has taken a massive header out the window in the last few decades.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Aggressive, if he was raised right during his formative years. Sensitive if he wasn't.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Supernova wrote:

For the most part but what exactly IS a typical boy? This isn't the 1950s when boys had chemistry sets and dressed like cowboys and girls had baby dolls and played house. Exactly what applies to each gender role has taken a massive header out the window in the last few decades.

Would you prefer your son to be aggressive or sensitive? - Page 2 225780

IYSS.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:44 am

Chris wrote:Say you had a son between the ages of eight and eighteen; would you prefer he be more rugged and aggressive in personality, or that he be more sensitive and peaceful? If you had to choose between those two opposite extremes.

I think having a boy who is a good mix is ideal. And that is not an anomaly. There are boys who are so male yet have a soft spot. I like to think that defines my boy. I am sure he would like for all of you to think he is hard core. But, trust, he has a soft spot.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:08 am

Marc™️ wrote:Aggressive, if he was raised right during his formative years. Sensitive if he wasn't.

By 'raised right' do you mean like training a pit bull to be a fighter? blank stare @ you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:32 pm