CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
AtownPeep
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters

Are you in the market for a new computer?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you in the market for a new computer? Empty Are you in the market for a new computer?

Post by Chris Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

My Mac is four years old this year, and my E-machine PC is about six years old. Both still work well enough, but I'm starting to ponder replacements. Are you considering getting a new computer any time soon?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Are you in the market for a new computer? Empty Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?

Post by Cheaps Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:32 pm

My laptop is over 3 years old now, still working fine. No more funniness with my computer lately. I'm good with this one til it completely shuts down.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Are you in the market for a new computer? Empty Re: Are you in the market for a new computer?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:03 pm

My Dell computer just turned 3, I usually get a new one every 5 years so I have 2 to go.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 pm

The one I got for Christmas is still working fine.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:00 pm

There's nothing wrong with the one I got right now but a new one is probably no more than a year away.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Mine is a used Dell tower with bootleg XP and Microsoft Office 2003.

I dread having to get a new computer. Things I am comfortable with will go. I will have to get Windows 7 or newer and the new office is a pain (I usually try to turn off all the whistles and bells that I don't need or want.)

I even hate the new solitair. I have been playing the same Klondike Solitaire game since my first PC in '95. Now they have replaced that on the newer computers. the artwork is confusing making suit and value more difficult than the old deck. Why do these techies have to 'improve' on things that have been doing just fucking fine since before they were born?
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Shale wrote:Mine is a used Dell tower with bootleg XP and Microsoft Office 2003.

I dread having to get a new computer. Things I am comfortable with will go. I will have to get Windows 7 or newer and the new office is a pain (I usually try to turn off all the whistles and bells that I don't need or want.)

I even hate the new solitair. I have been playing the same Klondike Solitaire game since my first PC in '95. Now they have replaced that on the newer computers. the artwork is confusing making suit and value more difficult than the old deck. Why do these techies have to 'improve' on things that have been doing just fucking fine since before they were born?

I agree the New MS Office is a pain in the neck. I got it for almost free from my last job. I thought I was getting a good thing. Ugh!

I keep intending to reinstall my old Office program which was just fine.

I would love to get a laptop computer. But I just can't justify parting with the bucks while "Old Faithful" still sits on top of my desk grinding away.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:53 pm

Not any time soon.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm actually thinking of getting a new one, and I prob. will if one just jumps out at me, but the one I have is four years old and still works perfectly. I'm not pressed to get a new one.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:06 am

Shale wrote:Mine is a used Dell tower with bootleg XP and Microsoft Office 2003.

Shrugs (Oh well…) I dig mine
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:54 am

I have windows Vista, I missed Windows 7 by 5 months.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:36 am

my old laptop died in feb in my car wreck :O

so this one is fairly new

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:46 am