Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?

Go down 
+6
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
Supernova
Shale
Alan Smithee
CatEyes10736
10 posters
AuthorMessage
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Today this kid (and I use the term loosely because he was a teenager of at least 15-16) on a bike designed for a smaller child ran out in front of me while I was driving and I almost hit him. He only slightly looked at me barely acknowledging that he wasn't watching where he was going and just kept right on peddling. It dawned on me that had I hit him, I would have been to blame even though it was totally his fault. Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:39 pm

You mean besides squirrels? Yeah, I have to be extra careful with the pain in the ass kids around our neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:12 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
... It dawned on me that had I hit him, I would have been to blame even though it was totally his fault.

Why would it have been your fault. I was hit by a car on my bike AND I GOT A TICKET!! It was the woman's fault who hit me but the cop listened to her account while I was in shock with blood dripping out of my head (where I took out her driver side windshield or she may have been just another hit-and-run).

A witness came forward describing how she was short-cutting over a double yellow line to hit me in the turn lane but they didn't give her a ticket, just me. With the settlement from her insurance I hired a ticket lawyer at twice the amount of the ticket to contest it and won.

So, if he went in front of you as described (what my ticket was supposedly for) you should not have gotten a ticket.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:13 pm

No, thank God. Just squirrels and deaf and dumb pigeons.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:34 pm

No thank the lord.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 pm

I had a skate boarder kind of come out of nowhere about a year ago. It was dark and he was behind a kid on a bike. Then all of a sudden, there he was, next to the bike. It really freaked me out.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:19 pm

I don't know, I can't recall anything in particular.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 am

I live in NJ, people who run out in front of cars lose their legs--- we don't slow down/stop LOL

As far as bikes, they must follow the same traffic rules as the rest of the road, and they can be held at fault.

I never had a person run in front of me, but a guy had a dog off of a leash, and this golden retriever just darted out from behind a parked car right in front of me. I didnt even see him except for the paws that went flying through the air. he broke my headlight and grill... and i was insisting on taking the dog to the vet--- the owner wouldnt asshole! I then considered running HIM over
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Aww man, if I ever hit a dog or cat that would bum me out indefinitely cries The one time I intentionally ass-u-me is when I'm the pedestrian. Everytime I cross this one intersection in the town I work in, I always look over my shoulder to make sure someone isn't turning right even if I have the "walk" light. It's been the law in this state for more than a year that you have to stop, not just yield to pedestrians in marked cross walks. That person's foot hits the pavement and you'd better stop if there's a cop around. Some towns even had cops running stings to issue tickets. Far as I know this doesn't apply to J-walkers.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:03 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

As far as bikes, they must follow the same traffic rules as the rest of the road, and they can be held at fault.

I think you can even get a DUI on a bike.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

I think you can even get a DUI on a bike.

yep-- you can
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm

^^It's like that here too.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Not in front of, but one time a little girl did run out and got behind my car as I was pulling out. Only narrowly managed to avoid hitting her as she just stood there looking silly. No wonder I never wanna have kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?   Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone ever run out in front of you while you were driving?
Page 1 of 1