CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
JM130ELM
CeCe
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
10 posters

So Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!!

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Rant So Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!!

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't know who is really to blame, Viacom or Direct TV... But there are a lot of channels missing from my TV line-up! Bet, Centric, MTV, MTV2, VH1, Spike, TV Land, Nick, and many others. And it's pissing me off.

I'm only 4 episodes in to Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta, and this shit has been juicy as hell CHEAPS

They better reach some kind of an agreement before Monday!!

So Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!! Janet-jackson-scream-weave
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Rant Re: So Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!!

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 pm

cries big hugz
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks Alan Smile

Does anyone else have Direct TV know better what's goin on? From what I understand Viacom tryna raise the rates so DTV can keep these channels, and Direct TV is saying we (customers) shouldn't have to pay more.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 pm

I don't have Direct TV but his seems to happen to everyone at some point regardless of what service provider they have. I think the last time we got stuck in the middle, Direct TV was doing commercials about how their customers were still getting the disrupted channels.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 pm

that totally sucks... i was going to switch to DTV from comcast

WTL Directv is much better. Like I told cheaps its not their fault its Viacom that is the Villain here, Directv is doing all they can to get the channels back up.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:37 pm

Oh, Cheaps I hope you get your stations back. I know you like VH1 with their reality shows.

I was talking to someone about it and they said it didn't seem like either side was backing down. Time Warner must be happier than a pig in shit right now.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:22 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Oh, Cheaps I hope you get your stations back. I know you like VH1 with their reality shows.

Thanks Red, I really doSo Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!! Tumblr_lwmxz4KLSo1qjyqp2

I was talking to someone about it and they said it didn't seem like either side was backing down. Time Warner must be happier than a pig in shit right now.

I just really hope they come to some kind of understanding.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:17 pm

Cheaps wrote:Thanks Alan Smile

Does anyone else have Direct TV know better what's goin on? From what I understand Viacom tryna raise the rates so DTV can keep these channels, and Direct TV is saying we (customers) shouldn't have to pay more.

This is pretty much it Cheaps. Greedy bastards trying to get more money from other greedy bastards & the cost will get passed to the consumer. Time Warner is going through a similar thing right now but on a smaller scale. Hearst is blocking their signal because they want an almost 300% increase. I say fuck 'em. Give me the NBC affiliate in another state & I'm fine with that. We all pay too much now as it is.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 pm

I heard about that on CNN. I was actually considering switching from cable to Direc TV. Now I'll wait.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Cheaps I have Directv as well. Its not their fault its Viacom that are the greedy bastards that want more money out of us. I hope they settle it soon, before Monday so I can watch Teen Wolf on MTV.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:45 pm

And I was thinking about getting satellite. Dah well. I'm about to cancel my cable anyway.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 pm

CeCe wrote:

This is pretty much it Cheaps. Greedy bastards trying to get more money from other greedy bastards & the cost will get passed to the consumer. Time Warner is going through a similar thing right now but on a smaller scale. Hearst is blocking their signal because they want an almost 300% increase. I say fuck 'em. Give me the NBC affiliate in another state & I'm fine with that. We all pay too much now as it is.

CeCe, what is Time Warner in danger of losing? I have them and did not hear anything about it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:And I was thinking about getting satellite. Dah well. I'm about to cancel my cable anyway.

If you have Time Warner NY they SUCK my Dad had them and I was always fighting with them about raising their prices. Directv is pretty good and they don't raise their prices every other month.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

CeCe, what is Time Warner in danger of losing? I have them and did not hear anything about it.

It depends on if you live where Hearst channels air. I think the company owns stations that air the formerly "big 3" NBC, CBS & ABC. In my area it's an NBC affiliate so we're getting an NBC channel from PA right now. But Hearst asked for an almost 300% increase & Time Warner told them to stick it. So Hearst blocked the transmission.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:47 pm

This is the best breakdown of the situation I could find. Every one of these companies needs to recognize people are struggling to pay their fees already. It's just greed. Pisses me off.

Hearst yanks stations from Time Warner Cable: Carriage disputes multiply as Viacom feuds with DirecTVCarriage battles are busting out all over, turning a sleepy post-holiday week into a battleground as Hearst Television yanked its broadcast station signals from Time Warner Cable at midnight.

Jill Goldsmith Variety

11:45 p.m. CDT, July 10, 2012

Carriage battles are busting out all over, turning a sleepy post-holiday week into a battleground as Hearst Television yanked its broadcast station signals from Time Warner Cable at midnight.

Time Warner Cable called the move "unfair to customers and unsustainable for our business." It said Hearst demanded an "outrageous" 300% fee increase.

Hearst said through an affiliate website that "notwithstanding our best efforts to reach a new carriage agreement, we were unable to do so." It apologized to viewers.

The news was somewhat overshadowed by Viacom's threat to pull its cable networks, including Comedy Central, MTV Networks and Nickelodeon, off DirecTV's 20 million subscriber systems on Tuesday night if those two companies can't reach a new rate agreement.

With programming costs rising, consumers strapped for cash and the media landscape shifting fast, content and distribution companies are testing each other like never before to see where the limits lie.

Hearst owns ABC affiliates in Pittsburgh, Boston, Portland, Maine, and Lincoln, Neb.; NBC affiliates in Cincinnati, Hartford, Vt., Plattsburgh, N.Y., and Winston-Salem, N.C.; a CBS affiliate in Louisville; and an ABC and a CW affiliate in Kansas City, Mo.

"Hearst Television has chosen to black out their signals from our customers rather than continue negotiations, despite their CEO saying just two weeks ago that broadcaster blackouts are unfair to consumers. Time Warner Cable has reached hundreds of agreements with other broadcasters without broadcaster blackouts, but Hearst's demand for a nearly 300% increase is way out of line," Time Warner said in a statement. "Despite Hearst's blackout, we stand ready to continue negotiations and are hopeful that their stations will be returned to our lineups shortly."

The carriage agreement expired at midnight after having been extended for a week for the two sides to negotiate.

The website of Hearst's Pittsburgh station WTAE-ABC said, "We cannot predict if or when discussions with Time Warner will resume or if or when WTAE's programming will be restored on Time Warner systems."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-201207101659reedbusivarietynvr1118056412-20120710,0,6725507.story
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:07 am

3.5 million people to get rid of TV --- and they keep raising prices instead of getting into a price cut war! Stupid.

http://mashable.com/2012/04/04/cut-the-tv-cord/
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:18 am

This is why they're all out of their damn minds. Idiots.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:29 pm

CeCe, thanks for all the information.

I don't think we are in danger of losing it. We did have issues with Fox here before. And we didn't have Fox for a while. But then they worked out a deal.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 pm

Remember the go old days of free TV? Here in Manhattan I have Time Warner and I have no problems with them. I used to have DTV, but my new TiVo box wasn't compatible with it. I really miss DTV, but kind of glad I don't have them now. I need my Adult Swim!! Hopefully, they will come to some agreement soon, which I am sure they will.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

If you have Time Warner NY they SUCK my Dad had them and I was always fighting with them about raising their prices. Directv is pretty good and they don't raise their prices every other month.

I do have Time Warner and they do suck. I'm going to switch to FIOS if I do get cable.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 pm

So Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!! Sigh

Still no agreement. I really don't see us switching either, my roommates loves his football and NFL ticket too much.

I've heard of people getting discounts and free movies channels and what not, so we'll see how it goes.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm

I was considering DirecTV as well, but I can't do without the Viacom channels. I'll wait, or might look into Dish Network as an alternative.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Heeeeyyy! WE GOT OUR CHANNELS BACK!!

So Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!! Original

So Direct TV SUCKS RIGHT NOW!! Tumblr_llax2rbRRS1qg87cc
    Alan Smithee