CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Red Lights with Rob DeNiro

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Red Lights with Rob DeNiro Empty Red Lights with Rob DeNiro

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:53 am

Wouldn't a psychic know he would be suspect in a murder and NOT do it? LOL

I’m a big fan of Robert De Niro. His films have always been some of the best in the business and I’m willing to forgive him when he signs on for a less than great film. His newest film, Red Lights, seems to be one of those films.

Red Lights is the story of two paranormal researchers played by Sigourney Weaver and Cillian Murphy who make it their job to debunk psychic frauds. Robert De Niro comes in to the picture as a powerful and revered blind psychic who goes by the name of Simom Silver. Weaver’s character, Dr. Margaret Matheson, used to go after Silver, but now wants to back off. This leads Murphy’s character, Tom Buckley, to take on Silver himself.

The premise, along with the great cast, lends itself to greatness. I love a good psychological thriller and Red Lights would appear to be one of the greats. Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case. The film is sitting at a pretty bad 33 percent on Rotten Tomatoes which firmly plants it in rotten territory.

Most of the complaints from critics seem to stem from the film’s story being incoherent to critics saying the ending is even worse than what M. Night Shyamalan serves up. That’s some pretty stiff criticism, but those are the critics. You may enjoy the movie nonetheless. There are plenty of universally panned movies that I can’t help but love. Check out the trailer below to see if Red Lights looks to be worth your time and money.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Red Lights with Rob DeNiro Empty Re: Red Lights with Rob DeNiro

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:44 am

Never heard of it but sounds interesting.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:31 pm