Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?

Go down 
+4
Supernova
CatEyes10736
Forgiveness Man
Marc™
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:52 pm

Do you believe that the afterlife is anything like it's portrayed in fiction....Heaven being a place of eternal bliss, while Hell is this never-ending oppressive well of torture....
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Yeah. lol The idea that hell doesn't exist is just something people convince themselves to make sinning easier. lol Heaven cannot be possible without hell.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 1:57 pm

I believe in heaven, but I don't know if I believe in hell.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Kind of odd to have one without the other though, wouldn't it? I mean that's like saying there's good but no evil, you only have to take a good look at the world around you to know that evil is real.

To answer the original question, yes I believe they exist.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:06 pm

Supernova wrote:
Kind of odd to have one without the other though, wouldn't it? I mean that's like saying there's good but no evil, you only have to take a good look at the world around you to know that evil is real.

To answer the original question, yes I believe they exist.
Says who?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:24 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Says who?
Nobody you're aquatinted with. Wink
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Marc wrote:
Do you believe that the afterlife is anything like it's portrayed in fiction....Heaven being a place of eternal bliss, while Hell is this never-ending oppressive well of torture....
I believe that heaven exists and that it's a "spiritual" realm, not a physical one. So I don't think it's anything like how its portrayed in fiction usually. But I don't believe that hell exists (as you describe it).
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Yeah. lol The idea that hell doesn't exist is just something people convince themselves to make sinning easier. lol Heaven cannot be possible without hell.
Are you a Christian?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 am

captainbryce wrote:
Are you a Christian?
Yeah, is that a problem? Razz
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:43 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Yeah, is that a problem? Razz
No, it's just that your statement...
...didn't seem to be based on anything "biblical". Seemed more like your personal opinion than anything else (which is fine of course). Why can't heaven be possible without hell?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:13 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Nobody you're aquatinted with. Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Icon_wink
LOL, like you would know who I'm acquainted with.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:29 am

I believe in the concepts of Heaven being a sanctuary of soulful rest, and Hell as a place for soulful angst, but I don't buy into how heavenly harps and fiery brimstone like we see on TV and in the movies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:39 am

@NY: But I DO know at least some that you aren't acquainted with. Wink

captainbryce wrote:
No, it's just that your statement...
...didn't seem to be based on anything "biblical". Seemed more like your personal opinion than anything else (which is fine of course). Why can't heaven be possible without hell?

1. I ain't a Bible-alone verse quoting Evangelical. Razz

2. Hell is very Biblical anyway.

3. Why can't hell be possible without heaven? Simple. Heaven is the total presence of God, hence everything good. Hell is the total absence of God, hence the absence of everything good as well(and what's left but total evil/pain/etc.?). Being an all-just God, it's pretty darn naive to expect him to just bring everybody into his presence regardless of how they lived their life, hence there's gotta be another place; we call it hell. IMO, it all comes down to common sense for me. The idea that hell doesn't exist seems to be just a naive excuse to live a sinful life unrepentant to me. Afterall, why repent when you'll either stop existing when you die or God will take you to heaven no matter what? And without repentance, you got no reason to stop living a sinful life. IMO, saying that there is no hell is just wishful thinking at it's strongest.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
@NY: But I DO know at least some that you aren't acquainted with. Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Icon_wink

Squares? Yeah, you're right....I don't acquaint myself with too many of those.
Back to top Go down
fetaby
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
fetaby

Male
Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm

I don't believe in heaven and I don't believe in hell. Too many other real things to concern myself with besides bullshit and moral grandstanding.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Squares? Yeah, you're right....I don't acquaint myself with too many of those.
Nah, I had something else in mind.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Generally, I still believe in the theories of heaven and hell....but I admit, the older I get, the more doubtful I become. At least of the way that they've been presented biblicaly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?   Do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in Heaven and Hell?
Page 1 of 1