Courses you failed Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Courses you failed

Go down 
+11
Suzi
Hyacinth Girl
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
Cheaps
Minerva
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Shale
Chris
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:08 am

Do you recall failing any particular class/course when you were in school? If so, did you repeat it until you passed or did you move on to another?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 am

Technically, I failed a journalism class at the community college in Gainesville FL.

I actually had to quit the class when I got a job, but they didn't remove me from the roster and the computer kept tracking me until I failed for not showing up.

But, no, never failed a class that I took and actually excelled at a few.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:20 am

Never failed any.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:55 pm

I don't think I ever failed anything. If I did, I know I never repeated it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:11 pm

Mmmnope.
Back to top Go down
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:51 pm

Geometry in high school. And I was so done with it!
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:36 pm

I guess you can say I failed high school as a whole when I dropped out. But while in class, yea there were classes I never received credit for due to lack of attendance.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:42 pm

I have not failed any course so far.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:21 am

I failed junior year english and went to summer school for two weeks. I only failed because the teacher gave me a 60 on my research paper because she did not like my subject matter. We had to write about a controversial topic, and she did not like my view of the subject.

In college I failed psychology... but it was really because I could not get to class. My work schedule changed and i took a better teacher. Wound up with an A the second time around
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 am

wants2laugh wrote:
... I only failed because the teacher gave me a 60 on my research paper because she did not like my subject matter. We had to write about a controversial topic, and she did not like my view of the subject.
Maybe English teachers are like that. I used to play mine in HS. My grades were hi enuf to loose a few points now and then with oral presentations that I knew she would hate the subject. Then I would give a talk on something that tickled her romantic mindset and my grades would go back up.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 am

I never failed anything, but the lowest overall grade I ever got was a D+ in Statistics, back in college. Everyone in the class got D's, though--the instructor was terrible. He had such a thick Texas drawl, that you could never understand if he was saying "Test" or "Text", so we'd go home and read the textbook, then come in the next day and be given a test instead. Try to meet with the guy for extra help--not a chance. He was never in his office during the hours he had listed on the syllabus, so we all muddled through it.

I managed to learn Stats on my own over the years, as it's a main part of the lab math I do on a daily basis, and what goes around comes around; I'm teaching statistics to my class coming up this fall! Just some basic stuff, though--only the parts they need to function in the lab.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

I sat through a full semester and did absolutely nothing in Applied Chemistry. So I failed. Then they wanted me to take the 2nd semester in a study hall, but to get my diploma I had to have one semester of chemistry. So I said I'd stay in the class, they said I couldn't possibly pass the 2nd semester having failed the first. But I did pass it and got my diploma that June.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:32 pm

Ironically, I should have failed HS typing. I took that as a 'practical art' requirement. (Choices were shop or mechanical drawing). We learned touch typing on manual typewriters and I couldn't do the 30 (error free) words per minute. The teach let me turn in a page that was mostly error free to put in my file and passed me with a C. I say ironically, because over the years by practice in touch typing I am much faster than those in the office hunting out letters with two fingers so I am in the job I have today.

The other course I shoulda not gotten into was the Certified Nursing Åssistant at the community college. I technically failed the math part of the entrance exam because of fractions. I think they gave me a pass because all the other math I did very well. (I have worked half a century and never needed to know what 1/8 th of 3/5 ths of anything was) And, I excelled in the nursing assistant course, made 99% on the state test and even helped the instructor teach the HIV/AIDS class.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:57 pm

I did fail one class in college, I don't remember what it was though, it might've been microeconomics. The professor thought that we were cheating and gave me lower grades than my brother whose answers were almost always the same as mine but he got a higher grade every time.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:50 pm

I failed Trig and no I didn't repeat the course. I never repeated anything I failed that wasn't mandatory.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:55 pm

Oh wait, I forgot about college. Thought you were talking about secondary school. Okay, I did fail an English Lit class, but I don't count that cause I only failed because I didn't go to class. I mean, I literally didn't go. I had a 98 average when my attendance went down the drain. I took it over and passed with a 94. And I did fail Calculus. Same scenario.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 1:16 am

Intro to Microsoft Excel LOL. It was so easy I forgot I was taking it and missed a few tests.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:54 am

Chris wrote:
Do you recall failing any particular class/course when you were in school?
A bunch of 'em.

Quote :
If so, did you repeat it until you passed or did you move on to another?
Only the ones I had to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Courses you failed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Courses you failed   Courses you failed Empty

Back to top Go down

Courses you failed
Page 1 of 1