Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?

Go down 
+6
Chris
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Jason B.
Shale
Minerva
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? Empty
PostSubject: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 7:12 pm

Dunno if this has been asked before but I think everyone has been in this situation.

You are approaching the checkout lines at the supermarket with your twenty or so items. You can't go in the express lines because 15 is the max and you don't like the self-checkout so what do you choose?

Do you get in the line where there are three people who would be in front of you with tons of stuff each in their carts to check out or another line with maybe ten people but each only have about five or six items in their carts?

I never can decide which will go faster.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Oh, it's a crap shoot. Those ppl may go smoothely with all their stuff scanned and they know their PIN and get out right away.

However, one of those with two items may want to argue about the coupon, forget their PIN, not know exactly how to swipe the card or count change out one coin at a time.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:13 pm

I prefer the self-check out and if I can get away with using it even if I have too many items in my cart, then I will. But in this scenario, I would go with the longer with customers who have fewer items. Customers with a lot of items are usually a hassle with coupons and haggling with check out people over prices, etc.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:18 pm

I usually go for the line where people have the fewer purchases but at some point you're going to reach the point of diminishing returns even if you get in a line of 10 people with 5 items each instead of 1 person with 1 cart load.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:55 pm

When I find a line with just two or three carts, I go for that. Even if they have a lot of stuff it is normally the paying/couponing process that takes the longest.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 11:35 pm

I'd rather get in the longer line with people who had few items. One customer with $200 worth of groceries can take five to ten minutes alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 pm

I'd probably get in line with the few customers with a bunch of items, then regret it when other customers got in line behind me....and I saw the other line was moving faster.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Marc™ wrote:
I'd probably get in line with the few customers with a bunch of items, then regret it when other customers got in line behind me....and I saw the other line was moving faster.

LOL. Same here. Or I'll go to another department or the customer service desk and get rung up.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:49 pm

Chris wrote:
I'd rather get in the longer line with people who had few items. One customer with $200 worth of groceries can take five to ten minutes alone.

It can be a crapshoot but co-signs
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Sometimes even if a line has 10 people with 5 items each can take longer than 3 with a basket full. I usually go to the 3 with the basket full.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?   Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff? Empty

Back to top Go down

Long lines not much stuff or short lines lots of stuff?
Page 1 of 1