Question for NY and Tony Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for NY and Tony

Go down 
+2
tmontyb
RedBedroom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Question for NY and Tony Empty
PostSubject: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:42 pm

NY and Tony are our only NYC resident, I think. I apologize if I am incorrect. Anyway, my question for our NYC residents has to do with a bit of a debate going on at a scrapbooking forum I frequent. (of course every response is appreciated by anyone regardless of location)

I have stayed out of the debate, but for days have followed it. The thread has since been deleted. A NYC resident, among others, feel this sticker set (marketed to scrapbookers) is offensive:

Question for NY and Tony Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJuhiyUekAREpF_ocBylpba4zEsawBwIJ27xVdhDdktDi885gKgw

It includes a "Ground Zero" sticker. Those offended feel it slights those personally affected by the attacks occurring that day.

My reaction is to not agree with that, but I am so curious what you think.

The reason I think it is unoffensive is because when the average Joe visits NYC, it is an important place to visit. As a scrapbooker, I would go there and scrapbook the visit to record it.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:19 am

I am also a life long New Yorker. I don't feel offended by the sticker, but I don't see the point of it. If I were a marketing expert and I wanted to sell NY to visitors, that would be last thing I would put in a brochure.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 pm

^^^^ What he said. I don't know why they would bother with that. Everyone who comes to NYC would know about the WTC memorial. If someone wanted to make visiting the site a part of their trip, they would do so.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:19 pm

I am not offended at all by it, I can't imagine why anyone would be?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:10 pm

tmontyb wrote:
I am also a life long New Yorker. I don't feel offended by the sticker, but I don't see the point of it. If I were a marketing expert and I wanted to sell NY to visitors, that would be last thing I would put in a brochure.

Not being a resident of the city, I can understand why it would put ppl off. Yeah, there is now a tourist industry growing around ppl who want to see 'ground zero.' If I ever get to NY that will be one of my stops. But I would not advertise it on a tourist sign.

It is sort of like the realty ads in New Orleans for 'slave quarter apartment.' It is what it is, an infamous part of the city's history that will always be there, but I don't think New Orleans would advertise, "Visit the Garden District Uptown and see slave built mansions!"
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

I'm not offended by it. It appears to be a sticker promoting popular landmarks in NYC. "World Trade Center 9/11 Memorial" would probably be a little more appropriate, but that also wouldn't fit on a sticker and it is often referred to as "Ground Zero" by most people. So yeah, I don't find anything particularly offensive about it.

Last edited by captainbryce on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Oh, I'm also from NYC. big grin
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:36 am

Bryce and Tmonty, sorry I excluded you two. I didn't know you were both from there. Thank you to everyone for the replies.

I didn't think it was offensive and found it odd some did.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 am

I think Undervoodoo is from NY as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for NY and Tony   Question for NY and Tony Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for NY and Tony
Page 1 of 1