What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?

Go down 
+4
Suzi
Chris
RedBedroom
Supernova
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? Empty
PostSubject: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 2:35 am

I'm sure by now everybody's heard something about this guy Mark Bissonnette or 'Mark Owen', who has gotten into hot water for allegedly disclosing classified information in his book, which is being published and going to be available to buy by September 4th.

I got so many thoughts on this that I don't know where to begin except with the most obvious, if it is true and he violated whatever and it's such a threat to national security or whatever, why is the military and the government allowing it to be put out since in the army there is no First Amendment? If it's such a problem, why don't they pull all copies and make sure nobody can read it?

Next order of business, the people who are saying this guy belongs in jail for writing this book, a lot of them don't seem to have their brains on straight because they're talking about it like killing Bin Laden is a future tense thing. Like it's GOING to happen, like he is giving away their attack plan BEFORE they get there, uh HELLO? How long has Bin Laden been dead and where were these people the day it happened that they're convinced it's GOING to happen and that's why he can't publish his book?

Another thing, nobody can know for fact that he's disclosing anything classified in the book because we ain't read it yet. BUT, on the comments when it hit MSN this morning, one poster was a Vietnam Veteran who said when he was in the army, they would rubber stamp just about EVERYTHING as classified information, including newspapers that had already run in public circulation. And you know what? Somehow I do not buy that they take that job anymore seriously TODAY than they did 40 years ago.

But I think the bottom line is, what most people are thinking, they are only saying he's disclosed classified information because his story is NOT the same one everyone else has told. His account of what happened does NOT match with what Obama told the world right after it happened and what apparently the White House has had greenlighted to make a MOVIE from. It's okay to make a movie based on classified information but you can't write a book about it, how does that work? Anyway I think it's just the age old story, anything that's classified is just code for military dirty laundry that they have to shoot anybody who finds it out. Which leaves me wondering again WHY are they letting the book be published? That to me makes sense only two possible ways, if they're going to play Big Brother and get the names and addresses of everybody who buys the book and forcibly remove them and make a big show of anybody who reads this book is against our government, our military or whatever, OR, the other way allowing the book to be sold makes sense would be if the people who read the book would suddenly come up dead because they know too much, nobody can know what classified information is of a mission that was carried out over a year ago and is of no confidential importance for national security NOW.

But anyway that's just my thought on it, what's everybody else think?

And incidentally, is anybody here planning to read it?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:39 am

Will I read it? No. Bin Laden is dead. No book or account of the mission is going to change the fact he is dead. I'm happy he is dead and how it happened is of no interest to me.

I think this will all blow over just like that other book written did. That guy was an ex-Seal who released the book per his alleged talks with the men who took Bin Laden out. The administration dismissed it all as nonfactual, and as far as I know, and I could be wrong, it all just blew over.

I hope what you typed about the government coming after those who read the book was all tongue-in-cheek.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 8:03 am

I think his story might be interesting. Depending on how well the book is reviewed, I'd consider checking it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:54 am

I think he is in real danger since his real name has been on the news. I also think he knew the military's rules and didn't care because he saw big dollar signs. So too bad so sad.

Like Red I do not need to read the book. Bin Laden is dead I wish there was a hell for him to spend the eternity in.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Supernova wrote:
if it is true and he violated whatever and it's such a threat to national security or whatever, why is the military and the government allowing it to be put out since in the army there is no First Amendment? If it's such a problem, why don't they pull all copies and make sure nobody can read it?
In short, the government cannot trample on the First Amendment. It doesn't matter that the First Amendment doesn't apply to members of the military because he's no longer in the military. He's a civilian now as far as I understand, so whatever he "publishes" is protected by free speech, even if it contains classified information. He could still definitely be charged with a crime (possibly for revealing classified information), but the government has no authority to suppress a civilian's work from being published unless officials know beforehand that it contains classified information. The government could not possibly know exactly what he wrote and whether or not he did in fact reveal classified information UNTIL the book was already published and someone from the government has read it. And even if it did, the damage is already done at that point. The information is already out there, so pulling all the copies becomes pointless. If they read his classified information, then you have to assume that others did too, at which point the information should be declassified.

Supernova wrote:
Another thing, nobody can know for fact that he's disclosing anything classified in the book because we ain't read it yet.
Exactly. And that's exactly why the government can't/won't do anything about it either.

Supernova wrote:
But anyway that's just my thought on it, what's everybody else think? And incidentally, is anybody here planning to read it?
I have no opinion on this until I know whether or not he did reveal classified information. If he DID, then he should lose all of his military benefits, have his discharge downgraded to "dishonorable" and possibly serve some jail time for violating orders, revealing classified information and damaging national security. If he did NOT, then he should be respected as a citizen devoted to shedding light on the truth, and be considered a hero along with the other members of his team. I can't possibly judge that without knowing what he said, and without knowing whether or not what he said was deemed classified by the government.

And no, I'm not planning on reading it at this time (lack of interest). I'll let government officials determine that one.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 1:47 pm

What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? 2517814472
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:08 am

I think it is just a bunch of hype to sell a book... "Guess what secrets im going to reveal.. buy a copy" then you find out that there are no secrets LOL

The damn govt classifies everything... Kennedy has been dead 50 yrs and we still dont know the classified files... wtf? seriously... anyone involved would be dead now, but there are supposedly files that won't be available til 2029...

so do i believe there is information that this guy could have--- yes. do i believe he is stupid enough to reveal it? i hope not. there are quite a few soldiers and Americans who might see this as treason with a capital T. I could absolutely see someone gunning him down.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 am

I am not going to read it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?   What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on the ex-SEAL who wrote a book about killing Bin Laden?
Page 1 of 1