When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?

Go down 
+5
Nystyle709
Suzi
captainbryce
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Empty
PostSubject: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:03 am

I remember being very young and as we went through Wisconsin Dells on our way home to Chicago from our summer place, my parents would always talk about wanting to ride on the "ducks." Well these "duck" boats are real boats that are fit for land and water. I worried year-round they would decide to ride actual ducks and I wouldn't be able to save my Mom.

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9w5gkQu3WfJZyNcFa6SLow94NY3Hzr7Jf_97-M53lNh6byAx9BQ
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:47 am

thinking Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:01 pm

Yes, because I worried about everything as a kid.

Nuclear War
Earthquakes
Aliens/Alien Invasion
Ghosts/Poltergeists
Hell/Demons

and more realistically....

Serial Killers
Kidnappers
Child Molesters
Car Accident
Plane Crash

I was pretty paranoid at life as a kid. That's why I couldn't wait to grow up.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

I grew up during the cold war, we had nuclear bomb attack alarms where we had to get under our school desks cover our heads with our arms. They seem to have stopped that when I got to high school however I suppose because we were by then too big to get under our desks and besides we girls all had to wear dresses or skirts and some of those skirts were so tight she couldn't have gotten in to the position!

Then people were building bomb shelters and trying to keep it secret from their neighbors too.

I wasn't too worried about it until I was an adult during the Cuban missile crisis, then for a while I was terrified for my children, until I realized if one of us died we all would.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:40 pm

I thought there was a green skinned, red eyed witch in my grandmother's utility closet. When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? 2517814472
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:52 am

Back in the eighties, I remember there was a bunch of seemingly negative predictions about how by the year 2000, America would be owned by Japanese. For some reason that used to worry me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 1:37 am

Most of the things I worried about as a child were the most ridiculous things. One that I remember was we had some new kind of sprinkler system, with those soaker pipes, you had these long pipes with holes in them so the whole area was covered, and I guess the spigot got stuck because nobody could get it turned off and I remember worrying that our whole yard would be flooded because the water would not shut off, no matter what we did.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:28 am

wow... i really dont remember ever worrying about anything like that.

The one thing that seemed to bother all of my siblings and i was that my father was shot on the second floor of our house, and no one wanted to go upstairs with the lights off. It was a very old house-- the upstairs light switch had to be on to turn the light on/off from downstairs. I remember my teenaged sisters used to beg me and my bro to go up and turn on the light.... but as i got older, i didnt like being the one to do it either! LOL

the weird thing is... my father never bothered anyone when he was alive... so why would be afraid of him once he was dead???
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am

I also worried all the time about the KKK. I always thought they were in my basement. Mom would tell me they were not going to hurt me but it made no matter to me..I knew how hateful they were and saw them at a park in Chicago on more than one occasion.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:55 am

My mother once made a set of curtains and the way they hung in the kitchen window looked the outline of a man--- you could see the "head" and "shoulders" of the outline from the living room at night... it was scary
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 8:06 am

After seeing news reports about radon gas, I used to think we had it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?   When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue? Empty

Back to top Go down

When you were a young child, was there anything reall off-the-wall you worried about that was really a non-issue?
Page 1 of 1