CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Supernova
AtownPeep
Shale
Jason B.
9 posters

Pressing statutory rape charges against adults

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Pressing statutory rape charges against adults  Empty Pressing statutory rape charges against adults

Post by Jason B. Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 pm

(As a followup to the thread about statutory rape charges being dropped if the adult didn't know the child was under the AOC...)

You find out your 14 or 15 year old child is seeing somebody over the age of 18, that WILLING sex was involved AND that the adult knew your child's age. Would you press charges?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Pressing statutory rape charges against adults  Empty Re: Pressing statutory rape charges against adults

Post by Shale Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Jason B. wrote: ...You find out your 14 or 15 year old child is seeing somebody over the age of 18, that WILLING sex was involved AND that the adult knew your child's age. Would you press charges?
    Not me.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Pressing statutory rape charges against adults  Empty Re: Pressing statutory rape charges against adults

Post by AtownPeep Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Jason B. wrote:(As a followup to the thread about statutory rape charges being dropped if the adult didn't know the child was under the AOC...)

You find out your 14 or 15 year old child is seeing somebody over the age of 18, that WILLING sex was involved AND that the adult knew your child's age. Would you press charges?

Yep.

Not knowing is one thing, but if they knew that the baby was only 14 then off to jail they go.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:26 pm

AtownPeep wrote:

Yep.

Not knowing is one thing, but if they knew that the baby was only 14 then off to jail they go.

THIS, when you KNOW the burner's hot you are just asking for burn blisters if you knowingly put your finger on it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:16 pm

I dunno. I prob. would but it depends on that person's age. I wouldn't as easily press charges on a 19 yr old like I would a 25 or 26 yr old.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Jason B. wrote:(As a followup to the thread about statutory rape charges being dropped if the adult didn't know the child was under the AOC...)

IF I felt like my child is being taken advantage of OR I just didn't like/trust the guy she was having a sexual relationship with, then I would first WARN him to stay away, and if it happened again, then I would press charges.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:52 pm

My daughter is almost fifteen and if she were involved with some knowing twenty year old, yeah it's a pretty safe bet that I would make it a priority to bring the law down on him.

This reminds me of Party of Five actor Scott Bairstow, who had consensual sexual relations with a twelve year old girl when he was in his mid-late twenties. He was sentenced for four months in prison, was given a year of probation and had to undergo sexual deviancy evaluation. Some say he got off way too easy.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Yes, if that was the only way of putting a stop to it.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Chris wrote:My daughter is almost fifteen and if she were involved with some knowing twenty year old, yeah it's a pretty safe bet that I would make it a priority to bring the law down on him.
    How the hell do YOU have a daughter that's almost 15? When did you start having kids, 15?

confused
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:22 am

captainbryce wrote:How the hell do YOU have a daughter that's almost 15? When did you start having kids, 15?

confused

Chris just turned 33 in May.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:55 am

captainbryce wrote:
    Chris wrote:My daughter is almost fifteen and if she were involved with some knowing twenty year old, yeah it's a pretty safe bet that I would make it a priority to bring the law down on him.
    How the hell do YOU have a daughter that's almost 15? When did you start having kids, 15?

confused

Eighteen. cool
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Chris wrote:

Eighteen. cool

Same as my father. But you didn't do something stupid like marrying your daughter's mother just because. As to the original question, I probably wouldn't have to press charges because my wife would have beaten me to it. Assuming the one she was involved with knew her true age.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:23 pm