CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Suzi
Shale
8 posters

Internet Scams Still Going

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Internet Scams Still Going Empty Internet Scams Still Going

Post by Shale Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:18 am

Just found this in my Spam filter

I can't believe they're still doing this scam!!?? Does anyone actually fall for these things? I guess the Nigerians moved to Gambia and started over.

To: shalestone@earthlink.net
    Subject: Shale Stone
    Date: Sep 20, 2012 7:09 PM

Dear Shale Stone

I have not heard from you since i sent you an email, My name is Douglas Johnson, personal assistant in Financial matters and account officer to Late Richard Stone , a national of your country and contractor here in Gambia. Who died alongside his Wife and only Daughter, in a fatal auto wreck on 21st of July 2007. After several attempts to locate my deceased client relatives/family members, I found you bearing the same family name with my client. Before his death the deceased had a fixed deposit account with our bank, valued at, US$8,350,000.00, that is about to be confiscated by our Bank in the next 7working days because he did not indicate any next of kin ( He died Intestate) and since then nobody has ever come for his estate.

I am seeking for your assistance/consent to present you as the next of kin to my client so that the fund will be transferred directly to you the beneficiary since the funds were left behind without any written will & last testament or next of kin details. I will furnish you with all legitimate information's and proof of deposit that will facilitate the release of the funds to you as the beneficiary.Your telephone number is also necessary for further discussions.

Sincerely,
    Douglas Johnson.

Wow, great news Douglas! OMG! I can't wait to get all that money from a relative I never heard of. Please hurry. Here's my fone #555-123-4567. Oh, I know you will need my bank account number so let's not waste time. First Moron Bank of Miami Beach Account #246801357-0003. Please make that deposit quickly

Sincerely
    Shale Stone
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Internet Scams Still Going Empty Re: Internet Scams Still Going

Post by Suzi Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:41 am

Apparently people do still fall for those scams or they would stop trying. There used to be a message board where the people would scam the scammers and tell about it. The most successful one or the most entertaining one had the scammer running all over Africa to collect the money. The board member even went so far as to claim an airplane crash had delayed him. It was just one thing after another and a howl to read.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:02 pm

C'mon Shale. The guy said he has "all legitimate information's". Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:19 pm

People are either greedy or stupid or a combination of both.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 pm

Shale wrote:Just found this in my Spam filter

I can't believe they're still doing this scam!!?? Does anyone actually fall for these things? I guess the Nigerians moved to Gambia and started over.

To: shalestone@earthlink.net
    Subject: Shale Stone
    Date: Sep 20, 2012 7:09 PM

Dear Shale Stone

I have not heard from you since i sent you an email, My name is Douglas Johnson, personal assistant in Financial matters and account officer to Late Richard Stone , a national of your country and contractor here in Gambia. Who died alongside his Wife and only Daughter, in a fatal auto wreck on 21st of July 2007. After several attempts to locate my deceased client relatives/family members, I found you bearing the same family name with my client. Before his death the deceased had a fixed deposit account with our bank, valued at, US$8,350,000.00, that is about to be confiscated by our Bank in the next 7working days because he did not indicate any next of kin ( He died Intestate) and since then nobody has ever come for his estate.

I am seeking for your assistance/consent to present you as the next of kin to my client so that the fund will be transferred directly to you the beneficiary since the funds were left behind without any written will & last testament or next of kin details. I will furnish you with all legitimate information's and proof of deposit that will facilitate the release of the funds to you as the beneficiary.Your telephone number is also necessary for further discussions.

Sincerely,
    Douglas Johnson.

Wow, great news Douglas! OMG! I can't wait to get all that money from a relative I never heard of. Please hurry. Here's my fone #555-123-4567. Oh, I know you will need my bank account number so let's not waste time. First Moron Bank of Miami Beach Account #246801357-0003. Please make that deposit quickly

Sincerely
    Shale Stone

LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO! LMAO!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Shale--you should've done like I do when I get those--send it back with all their spelling and grammatical errors corrected and highlighted, with a short dissertation as to their errors. For example in yours, "Intestate" is not a word, and there's no way an apostrophe-s on "information" will work, grammatically, in that sentence, and they also forgot to hit the space bar between "7" and "working". Tell them how very unprofessional their correspondence looks, and if they give you their bank account number, you'll gladly deduct the necessary funds to cover your Grammar-Consultant fees. I do that all the time with Robert S. Mueller, director of the FBI. big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Shale--you should've done like I do when I get those--send it back with all their spelling and grammatical errors corrected and highlighted, with a short dissertation as to their errors. For example in yours, "Intestate" is not a word, ...
    Actually, this one is cleaner than some I have gotten in the past. Still, unprofessional but not as agregious as some I have seen. Oh, intestate is a legal term for someone who died without a will. (Always have to give cred for British usages and spellings)

I thot about responding, but just didn't have the time to waste.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:10 pm

i was thinking the same thing... much cleaner than most i have gotten.. and yes people do fall for it. They go on Judge Judy all the time, and although I know it's a show and probably fake, I believe they are stupid enough that it COULD be possible! LOL
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:01 pm

And how cool is it to have a rich dead relative you never knew share your internet screen name?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:09 am

It is really sad that some people do fall for that shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:58 pm