CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
CatEyes10736
6 posters

Working From Home (scams & legit)

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Working From Home (scams & legit) Empty Working From Home (scams & legit)

Post by CatEyes10736 Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:14 am

This is like everyone's dream job and because of that there are gobs of "Work From Home" scams on the Internet. This one work from home website featured a lady with a sob story about how she was a broke single mother, how her child got sick, how she couldn't pay for all of the treatments, was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and how this random good Samaritan one day offered her an job opportunity that turned her dire straits financial situation around. Now she's successful, was able to buy a spacious new home for her and her child, has multiple cars and etc. She did it all by working out of the home, just working from her computer. I was almost taken because it sounded too good to be true. I even registered with my email address, then click the arrow to the next screen and saw the website wanted $299 to get started...willing to take your credit card info. right there! Needless to say I recognized the con at that point, clicked out of that. Then researched on google and read from others that this "company" was a fraud. Thank God I didn't give them my credit card info., but they email spammed me until I finally filtered them out.

I have grown to despise my current job and am looking to do something different. Would love to work out of the home @ least temporary, so that I won't be totally broke while I look for more stable means of employment.

Have you ever worked from home or know anyone who does?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Working From Home (scams & legit) Empty Re: Working From Home (scams & legit)

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:26 am

If you PM me your zip code, I can hook you up with 10 free postage stamps per month with a certain entity...
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:36 am

On the radio here they have an advertisement that says 'Anybody can be a medical transcriber from home', and my mother did it for like four years, and she's here to say that's a big fat lie, anybody can NOT do it. Some can but, it's about like any other job that's not like being a dishwasher or fry cook, only a select few can be capable of doing it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:29 am

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I think a good rule of thumb is never pay to get a job.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:01 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:This is like everyone's dream job and because of that there are gobs of "Work From Home" scams on the Internet. l situation around. Now she's successful, was able to buy a spacious new home for her and her child, has multiple cars and etc. She did This one work from home website featured a lady with a sob story about how she was a broke single mother, how her child got sick, how she couldn't pay for all of the treatments, was on the verge of a nervous breakdown and how this random good Samaritan one day offered her an job opportunity that turned her dire straits financiait all by working out of the home, just working from her computer. I was almost taken because it sounded too good to be true. I even registered with my email address, then click the arrow to the next screen and saw the website wanted $299 to get started...willing to take your credit card info. right there! Needless to say I recognized the con at that point, clicked out of that. Then researched on google and read from others that this "company" was a fraud. Thank God I didn't give them my credit card info., but they email spammed me until I finally filtered them out.

I have grown to despise my current job and am looking to do something different. Would love to work out of the home @ least temporary, so that I won't be totally broke while I look for more stable means of employment.

Have you ever worked from home or know anyone who does?

That was definitely a scam. The whole point of work is for the employee to be compensated by the employer. Anytime they want you to pay for the privilege of working with them, it's a racket.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:22 am

alan smithee wrote:If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I think a good rule of thumb is never pay to get a job.

Very good advice!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 am