CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast  Empty 'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast

Post by Tony Marino Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:14 pm

I started watching this last night, I missed 2 episodes but can probably see them on you tube. Its a reality show yes but I want to see how well they adapt to NYC life compared to the Amish life:

'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast  S-BREAKING-AMISH-large

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/02/breaking-amish-tlc_n_1735071.html

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast  Empty Re: 'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:34 pm

They can probably adapt better to NYC than their NYC counterparts could adapt to life in the Pennsylvania Dutch country side.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast  Empty Re: 'Breaking Amish': Preview TLC's Amish Adventure In New York City And Hear From The Cast

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Maybe one day they'll do a show with the Amish, the cast of The Kardashians, Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives of Orange County as they compete to renovate the house they live in a la Big Brother using nothing but materials they can get from pawn shops or auctioned from storage units with Donald Trump as their house mother. Shrugs (Oh well…)
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:59 pm

LOL. I swear, I should be rich. What gets put on television nowadays....*shaking my head*. I know I can think of something.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 am

Alan Smithee wrote:They can probably adapt better to NYC than their NYC counterparts could adapt to life in the Pennsylvania Dutch country side.

Actually my DVR recorded the first episode that I missed and they were pretty much freaking out on the plane ride and when they got to see Times Square. We shall see as the show progresses.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:56 am

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL. I swear, I should be rich. What gets put on television nowadays....*shaking my head*. I know I can think of something.

Sure can NY and probably make millions doing it too!! Lot of stuff you can think of just concerning NY alone!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Actually my DVR recorded the first episode that I missed and they were pretty much freaking out on the plane ride and when they got to see Times Square. We shall see as the show progresses.

LOL, let me know which one gets a tattoo first. Is this group on rumspringa (sounds like a Grimm wessen big grin )? I'll still put my money on them adapting to modern life over most of our kids having to live without Facebook, etc.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:25 am

Thanks for the reminder of this show. I did see the first one, but forgot about it. So many "reality" shows are totally contrived, and I got a vibe that this one wasn't. I find it interesting to see how they reacted when they arrived to the city.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:37 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Maybe one day they'll do a show with the Amish, the cast of The Kardashians, Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives of Orange County as they compete to renovate the house they live in a la Big Brother using nothing but materials they can get from pawn shops or auctioned from storage units with Donald Trump as their house mother. Shrugs (Oh well…)

They would kill one another LOL
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

LOL, let me know which one gets a tattoo first. Is this group on rumspringa (sounds like a Grimm wessen big grin )? I'll still put my money on them adapting to modern life over most of our kids having to live without Facebook, etc.

No they are not on rumspringa they just left to live life or try life on their own in NY. I have recently read a scandal on two of them, one of the guys is married with 3 kids and another has supposedly been living out of the Amish community for quite some time now. TLC is supposed to address these rumors in an upcoming episide because a lot of people are yelling fraud!

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Thanks for the reminder of this show. I did see the first one, but forgot about it. So many "reality" shows are totally contrived, and I got a vibe that this one wasn't. I find it interesting to see how they reacted when they arrived to the city.

LOL they looked like Children seeing Disneyland for the first time!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Sunday nights episode showed one of the girls, Rebecca going to the dentist and she has a full set of dentures and she is only 19!! She told the dentist that the Amish don't allow dentistry and that if you have a problem with your teeth, they just sit you down and pull them all out with a pair of standard pliers as happened to her!!!!! I felt bad for this girl, that is pretty barbaric. Her dentures did not fit properly so she could not chew her food so the NY dentist made her a whole new set for free because she could not afford new ones.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:20 pm

I did get caught up with this show and all the outside drama. Seems like these kids were out of the Amish community long before heading to NYC with TLC. But I still found it all pretty interesting.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:14 pm

I stopped watching about 3 weeks ago, it lost its entertaining value.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:23 am