Damned Bear Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damned Bear

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:27 pm

A few years ago a bear got into our trash barrel (it has a bear proof lid), but the lid popped off when the bear knocked the can over. I spent a lot of time cleaning up after that. Then about 2 years ago the authorities killed 5 bears just down the street from us apparently someone encouraged them by feeding them. We had no problem after that for a while, So now a couple of years later we got hit again , trash all over. Damned bear, hubby says he is just doing what comes naturally, and I know that but I do wish they would stay out of my trash! It's fall and they are trying to bulk up for the long winter snooze. I wish them all the bulking up they want but our trash is going in to hubby's work room locked with a padlock. I don't know what he was after because he once again ignored the melon rinds, I understand him ignoring the chili skins and seeds. But it looked like he didn't even eat the paper towels his kinfolk ate the last time.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:44 pm

I don't have personal experience with bears in the trash, Suzi but my wife's brother has. Is your garbage kept in an unsecured area? I believe you live in a trailer so you probably don't have a garage to keep your garbage cans until the morning they need to go out? Have you tried a liberal dose of ammonia or bleach in the cans? Regardless, stay out of the furry bastard's way!
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 am

Yes we live in a mobile home with a very large addition. Then my husbands work shop is built onto the addition. The trash is locked in there now. So all we have to worry about is the bear crawling through the small window of his work room.

We had actually put moth balls in the trash can, that combined with the garbage smell was enough to gag a maggot, however moth balls lose their potency as they age.Soon enough we can put the trash out again as soon as it snows the bear will go to bed for the winter.

Found out today that one of our neighbors had him visit her the night before. She is a crafty type , makes perfumed soaps among other things. She had a pail with some Crisco that didn't smell right to her so she sat it outside to dispose of the next day. The bear disposed of it for her. We all got a kick out of the idea of the bears next poop!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:35 pm

I have no bear stories but I keep the Racoons and Possum at bay by putting my garbage pails in the back storage room where they can't get at them at all.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Suzi wrote:
Yes we live in a mobile home with a very large addition. Then my husbands work shop is built onto the addition. The trash is locked in there now. So all we have to worry about is the bear crawling through the small window of his work room.

We had actually put moth balls in the trash can, that combined with the garbage smell was enough to gag a maggot, however moth balls lose their potency as they age.Soon enough we can put the trash out again as soon as it snows the bear will go to bed for the winter.

Found out today that one of our neighbors had him visit her the night before. She is a crafty type , makes perfumed soaps among other things. She had a pail with some Crisco that didn't smell right to her so she sat it outside to dispose of the next day. The bear disposed of it for her. We all got a kick out of the idea of the bears next poop!

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Suzi wrote:
The bear disposed of it for her. We all got a kick out of the idea of the bears next poop!

Unless she finds gallons of bear diarrhea on her front porch. faints

(I thought they only did that in the woods?)
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:36 am

Alan Smithee wrote:

Unless she finds gallons of bear diarrhea on her front porch. faints

(I thought they only did that in the woods?)
That's a myth, if they can find a smooth place like the middle of the road that's where they poop. This one may make someones road slick as sh..... oh well you know.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:15 am

Red... don't read this thread!!! LOL

Is there a way that your hubby can build a chicken coop type of thing. Just a thought.

Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 7:39 am

Suzi wrote:

That's a myth, if they can find a smooth place like the middle of the road that's where they poop. This one may make someones road slick as sh..... oh well you know.

Oh I know. My brother in law often finds steaming piles on the road they live on.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:48 am

In all seriousness, they actually do seem to like smooth places. A couple of years ago 5 bears were killed a couple of blocks from us. The next week there was a thumbs down to the "People who were feeding the bears" . I don't know if they were actually feeding the bears or not picking up the large crab apples on their tree, or if it was someone else actually feeding them. One day we walked by and the tree was loaded with apples, the next day we walked by the apples were gone as far as the bear could reach and there was the huge pile in the middle of the road, fortunately it wasn't steaming. Every year the wild life people warn us that the bears will go where they can find food especially in the fall. We were shocked that they killed the 5 bears, are those live bear traps so expensive that the town couldn't afford one or two? There is certainly enough bush all around us and 2 rivers, just take them on the other side of one of the rivers and set them loose.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Suzi wrote:
In all seriousness, they actually do seem to like smooth places. A couple of years ago 5 bears were killed a couple of blocks from us. The next week there was a thumbs down to the "People who were feeding the bears" . I don't know if they were actually feeding the bears or not picking up the large crab apples on their tree, or if it was someone else actually feeding them. One day we walked by and the tree was loaded with apples, the next day we walked by the apples were gone as far as the bear could reach and there was the huge pile in the middle of the road, fortunately it wasn't steaming. Every year the wild life people warn us that the bears will go where they can find food especially in the fall. We were shocked that they killed the 5 bears, are those live bear traps so expensive that the town couldn't afford one or two? There is certainly enough bush all around us and 2 rivers, just take them on the other side of one of the rivers and set them loose.

Wow!

Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 1:11 am

At least it wasn't a silverback gorilla.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damned Bear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damned Bear   Damned Bear Empty

Back to top Go down

Damned Bear
Page 1 of 1