Family disapproving of your mate. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Family disapproving of your mate.

Go down 
+4
Marc™
TPP
Shale
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Family disapproving of your mate. Empty
PostSubject: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:31 am

Ever been in a relationship with someone your family didn't approve of? If so, did it ultimately have any affect at all on your choice to remain with this person?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:44 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Chris wrote:
Ever been in a relationship with someone your family didn't approve of? If so, did it ultimately have any affect at all on your choice to remain with this person?
Yeah. When I sent my mom a pic of Brenda, my live in G/F at the time she sent it back saying "What makes you think I want a picture of your black woman."

I had no idea what a racist my mom was but I didn't communicate with her for a couple of years. No, I never considered dumping my G/F because of other ppl's racism. Would turn my back on family in a heartbeat when they turn out to be bigots.

Mom later apologized to me and Brenda when she realized it was for long term and we eventually visited her in Missouri.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Not that I'm aware of...My family tends to be very "live and let live" about most things though.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:47 pm

They have before and I'm almost positive they will again.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Not really they haven't because for a long time I wasnt comfortable bringing dates and stuff around family.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:26 pm

My family has always been pretty good about anyone I had a relationship with and always made them feel welcome.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:28 am

Not really. I have dated guys who did not particularly bond with my family, but there hasn't been any disapproval. None that were open anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:29 am

Shale wrote:
Chris wrote:
Yeah. When I sent my mom a pic of Brenda, my live in G/F at the time she sent it back saying "What makes you think I want a picture of your black woman."

I had no idea what a racist my mom was but I didn't communicate with her for a couple of years. No, I never considered dumping my G/F because of other ppl's racism. Would turn my back on family in a heartbeat when they turn out to be bigots.

Mom later apologized to me and Brenda when she realized it was for long term and we eventually visited her in Missouri.

That's a terrible reaction, Shale. I'm glad your mom eventually came around and accepted your relationship. Rejecting the long term relationship your child has committed themselves to is basically rejecting them, moreso than their partner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Chris wrote:

If my Mom ever disapproved of anyone I dated, I've never been aware of it. She's pretty open-minded and accepting about who I date, just as long as I'm happy with that person.

My Mom's opinion is important to me, but it wouldn't be a deciding factor in what I'd do with that person. If she disliked someone I was dating, but I liked him, she would just have to get over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family disapproving of your mate.   Family disapproving of your mate. Empty

Back to top Go down

Family disapproving of your mate.
Page 1 of 1