My Latest Flying Experience Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Latest Flying Experience

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

My Latest Flying Experience Empty
PostSubject: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 pm

The Rude Flight Attendant
(AKA The Bitch)

Well, took a brief trip to DC this last week and flying back the American Airlines plane was late getting to the DC Airport.

As we boarded the plane a short young woman in front of me stopped at her seat and attempted to put her carry-on in the overhead bin. She made a couple of tries and the suitcase started falling and she asked for help. I grabbed the bag and pushed it into the overhead but the flight attendant who was standing nearby admonished the passenger not to bring luggage too heavy to handle. Actually, the bag was not heavy at all, she was too short.

Anyhow, as we were coming in over Miami Beach, I took out my Kodak Easy Share that I have used to take pix from the airplane windows because there were a couple of shots I wanted of my hometown from that perspective.

This same flight attendant came and told me and the guy behind me to turn off our cameras. OK, a digital camera is an electronic device but it does not put out radio waves or any kind of detectable EM field, so I thot it was exempt from the rules against cell fone use. Tried explaining that to the stewardess, but she was insistent.

I just restarted flying last August and on ALL the four planes I took, I got pix while taking off and landing with this same camera and NO ONE told me not to.

MIA Below 10K Feet
My Latest Flying Experience 201130Aug09MIAWebtxt

Miami, Still Below 10K Feet
My Latest Flying Experience 201130Aug13MIAWebtxt

Miami Rush Hour Below 10K Feet
My Latest Flying Experience 201109-1447DescMIAweb

However, I did learn something on this flight. If you are going to mumble to the guy behind you what a bitch the stewardess is, swallow first. I had noticed that my hearing would diminish unnoticed until I swallowed then there would be a burst of sound hit my ears. Apparently, I made that comment too loud and the bitch came to my seat to let me know she heard my “joke.” I think the implication was that she was being nice not to report me to the TSA Gestapo which can violate any protections we once thot we had guaranteed by the US Constitution.

However, I was safe from any further reprisal because on landing we had one of those fast braking moments when everyone was pulled forward in their seats and the food cart broke loose and went barreling down the aisle. It hit a guy’s leg that was out in the aisle and he let out a scream and a long line of moaning in Spanish.

So, we had to wait to get off the plane until the paramedics removed the guy in a wheelchair. As I left the plane I noticed the Miami-Dade cops were taking a statement from everyone – probably going direct to the lawyers – so the flight crew had more problems than some irate old man wanting to take pics while the plane was below 10K feet.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm

What a bitch!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:39 pm

What a bitch indeed!!!!! I never had a problem with a camera on American, I have taken pics out of the window and once even a video! One funny story I have, I was in Vegas coming home, I forget what airline it was, it was not American. When we were all on the plane seated the Flight Attendant (a female) decided to make an announcement: "We got the New Yorkers on board, we are ready for ya, we are ready for ya". Since I was sitting right near her I said to her "what does that mean"? She said "well y'all think y'all are tough but we gotcha", whatever the hell that meant, I decided to just ignore her and just take her for the idiot she was for making such a stupid remark.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
What a bitch indeed!!!!! I never had a problem with a camera on American, I have taken pics out of the window and once even a video! One funny story I have, I was in Vegas coming home, I forget what airline it was, it was not American. When we were all on the plane seated the Flight Attendant (a female) decided to make an announcement: "We got the New Yorkers on board, we are ready for ya, we are ready for ya". Since I was sitting right near her I said to her "what does that mean"? She said "well y'all think y'all are tough but we gotcha", whatever the hell that meant, I decided to just ignore her and just take her for the idiot she was for making such a stupid remark.

What a strange thing for her to say.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Yeah like we all had knives and guns in our pockets LOL or maybe she is familiar with our foul mouths and took a crash course in how to out cuss a New Yorker.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:12 am

Actually, it was getting dark as we flew in so the pics aren't so good, but it is interesting to see your home from so hi up. This is where I live and that nearest causeway is part of my six-mile daily trip to work.

My Latest Flying Experience 2012_011
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 am

Shale wrote:
Actually, it was getting dark as we flew in so the pics aren't so good, but it is interesting to see your home from so hi up. This is where I live and that nearest causeway is part of my six-mile daily trip to work.

My Latest Flying Experience 2012_011

Nice pics Shale. You bike it to work every day right?
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Nice pics Shale. You bike it to work every day right?
Yep, 6 miles to Miami across that causeway, then down a couple miles. It is off the right edge of this pic.

Except on weekends when I go to the Cine on SoBe, about 5 miles (where I'm going today). That is near the third causeway with the three little islands on it, Venetian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Latest Flying Experience   My Latest Flying Experience Empty

Back to top Go down

My Latest Flying Experience
Page 1 of 1