Telephone conversations in front of other people. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Telephone conversations in front of other people.

Go down 
+7
CatEyes10736
Shale
Supernova
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Minerva
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Telephone conversations in front of other people. Empty
PostSubject: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 am

I read that seventy percent of people say that they hate having telephone conversations in front of other people. How do you feel about it? Are you comfortable talking on the phone in front of others?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Minerva
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Minerva

Female
Rep : 18

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 am

No and I don't like it when others do it front of me. A neighbor came by to visit. Her cell phone rang and she spent the next 20 minutes talking on it to her daughter in law and then her grandson while I just sat there staring at her. I thought that was extremely rude.

I don't even use the call waiting feature on my phone. I think that's rude too. After all, that's what voice mail is for. It's not the the "old days" when the caller got a busy signal if the recipient was already on the phone. The second caller can leave a message in the recipient's voice mail.

I have a friend who uses caller ID and will start a conversation with the new caller for about five minutes and and leaves the first one hanging on while she talks. I hang up when she does that.

This new technology has caused people to obtain a real lack of manners.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 am

Not if its important or personal.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:10 pm

No I don't like talking in front of other people and I would prefer they don't talk on the phone in front of me either.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
No I don't like talking in front of other people and I would prefer they don't talk on the phone in front of me either.

This, I like using phones as little as possible, especially when other people are around.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Minerva wrote:
No and I don't like it when others do it front of me. A neighbor came by to visit. Her cell phone rang and she spent the next 20 minutes talking on it to her daughter in law and then her grandson while I just sat there staring at her. I thought that was extremely rude.

I don't even use the call waiting feature on my phone. I think that's rude too. After all, that's what voice mail is for. It's not the the "old days" when the caller got a busy signal if the recipient was already on the phone. The second caller can leave a message in the recipient's voice mail.

I have a friend who uses caller ID and will start a conversation with the new caller for about five minutes and and leaves the first one hanging on while she talks. I hang up when she does that.

This new technology has caused people to obtain a real lack of manners.

co-signs

I like when the person that you are talking to gets another call and they put you on hold for 5 minutes and come back and tell you that they are going to call you back. Now what I do is if its longer than a minute I hang up and don't answer if they call back and if they put me on hold and come back with the I will call you back, I don't answer when they call back either. As Minerva said people have such lack of manners these days when it comes to the phone. By not answering their call back I extend the same courtesy to them as they extended to me.

Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 pm

^ What Minerva said
co-signs
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:28 pm

No I don't. It's very awkward and IA that I don't care much for it when others have phone conversations in front of me either. I feel like they're either being too secretive (as if I'm trying to listen) or that they are posturing and showing off.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Not if its important or personal.

Pretty much
Back to top Go down
CaffeinePlease
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
CaffeinePlease

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm

First of all, I make a point not to have phone conversations in front of other people (that's what the "mute" button is for on a cell phone!) Second, it's also just as rude when people talk on the phone in front of me. If you can't be decent enough to mute your cell phone and focus on me (your date/friend/etc.), then do me a favor and don't bother to spend time with me.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm

CaffeinePlease wrote:
First of all, I make a point not to have phone conversations in front of other people (that's what the "mute" button is for on a cell phone!) Second, it's also just as rude when people talk on the phone in front of me. If you can't be decent enough to mute your cell phone and focus on me (your date/friend/etc.), then do me a favor and don't bother to spend time with me.

co-signs
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Don't care for talking on the phone much period. Try to avoid it if possible. These days I'll just text if I'm around a group of people and the conversation might be too private.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

I don't like people hearing my calls even if it is just something random. And I rather they not rudely get on the horn in front of me either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.   Telephone conversations in front of other people. Empty

Back to top Go down

Telephone conversations in front of other people.
Page 1 of 1