Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.

Go down 
+9
Nhaiyel
Forgiveness Man
Hyacinth Girl
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
CeCe
Shale
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. Empty
PostSubject: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Ugh just what we need now, no wonder there has been no sun for days:

CBS News) The peak of the Atlantic hurricane season has been very quiet this year -- until now.

Hurricane Sandy is lashing the Caribbean, and has the potential to become a super storm for the eastern United States next week.

Sandy made landfall in Cuba overnight as a Category 2 storm with top winds of 114 miles an hour. The hurricane is blamed for at least two deaths in the region.

The hurricane slammed directly into the island of Jamaica, crashing a boulder into a man's clapboard house and taking his life. Skirting past Haiti, the heavy downpour swelled a river, sweeping away a woman as she tried to cross it.

High winds and rough surf are already pressing the South Florida coast, but if Sandy continues to grow, the Sunshine State may see tropical storm winds as early as Thursday night.

David Bernard, chief meteorologist for CBS News' Miami station CBS 4, is watching Sandy. He said on "CBS This Morning," "Overnight this storm got really strong. The pictures from the Caribbean and Cuba just prove that. ... We're talking about a Category 2 storm. It's emerging from the Cuban coastline now. It's about 185 miles south of the Central Bahamas and the thinking is today, tonight and tomorrow the storm is going to maintain hurricane intensity as it moves through the Bahamas. That's why we could see these tropical storm force conditions in South Florida, but beyond that as we go into the weekend, we'll look for this storm to continue to parallel the East Coast, and possibly be somewhere off of the New England or northeast coastline maybe just east of the Delmarva (Peninsula) as well, Sunday night into Monday and that's when things could definitely get tricky."

"We're talking about a confluence of events," Bernard said. "We have a powerful hurricane ... in the Bahamas. That's a lot of warm air, a lot of heat, a lot of energy and of course we're deep into fall now and we have an unusual strong jet stream dip with winter-like cold air, and you put those two things together, that's the possibility that is on the weather maps right now and that could lead to a powerhouse low pressure forming Sunday and Monday. So you would have storm-force winds, coastal flooding, very heavy inland snows could be possible through parts of Appalachians into western Pennsylvania and with that heavy snow and strong winds at the coast we could be looking at significant power outages as well. So it's kind of the worst of everything coming together, winter and what the tropical season has to offer. There is still the possibility this low stays out to sea, but right now we're thinking there's a pretty good chance there could be some impact."

The worst-case scenario would be if the storm sits off the coast and then backs from the ocean into land. He said, "We saw a similar thing with a perfect storm in 1991 how it moved from east to west into portions of New England, we could see something similar with this."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57539880/hurricane-sandy-has-potential-to-be-super-storm-for-u.s/

Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:24 pm

It's that sumbitch Murphy at work. I find out Sunday evening if I have jury duty Monday. Even though I have a fairly high number that should get me excused, it will be my luck that I'll have to drive to New Brunswick in a torrential downpour and spend the day with wet feet. At least it won't be snow.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm

We are having gale force winds interspersed with calm as the outer bands are increasing. Tomorrow is supposed to be a washout and I so wanted to catch the opening of a movie this Friday. But, biking is difficult and possibly dangerous in this kind of wind and not pleasant when the rain is blowing sideways, so looks like I stay in the house tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:57 pm

Shale wrote:
We are having gale force winds interspersed with calm as the outer bands are increasing. Tomorrow is supposed to be a washout and I so wanted to catch the opening of a movie this Friday. But, biking is difficult and possibly dangerous in this kind of wind and not pleasant when the rain is blowing sideways, so looks like I stay in the house tomorrow.

You can stay here all day with us Shale!!!!!!! big grin
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:07 pm

I just got home from work and am exhausted. It took me almost an hour for my usual half-hour trip.

Hit a band of gale-force wind and rain that had to be doing 50+ MPH (I once rode a motorcycle - I know how rain stings at that speed when it hits your bare skin). It is ruf bicycling against that kind of wind. Even walked my bike across the bridge and even then worried that it would blow me over.

Storm's not even that close yet and it's supposed to get worse tonite. Yep, plan to sit this one out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:12 pm

Everyone in the path stay safe! big hugz
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:16 pm

It's hurricane season. Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. 2517814472
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:44 am

Had an RT in my twitter feed from a meteorologist who thinks this could be REALLY bad. The worst storm in 100 years. Hope he's wrong.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:23 am

Most forecasts predict it will make landfall right over my apartment. Guess that new roof they put on last month will get a test!
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:32 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
Most forecasts predict it will make landfall right over my apartment. Guess that new roof they put on last month will get a test!

Oh no sad When the time comes, get the hell outta there!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 am

Its merging with another storm when it arrives here that is why they are saying its going to be one that goes down in history.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Some of the reports are disturbing.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Stay safe, everyone in Sandy's path.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:52 pm

It is a strange weather formation for sure. I wanted to go to the Cinema so badely I was going to bike there in the gale force winds as I have done several times going to work when taking off was not really an option.

Stepped outside to check and IT WAS COLD! blank stare @ you

Yeah, I can handle warm rain and wind the usual with tropical weather, but not cold like this is. We are having a tropical storm on the edge of a cold front, which seems to be the problem.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Pray for us Northeasterners.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 4:45 pm

They're already talking about cancelling trick-or-treat here in Mass. They postponed it two days last year when we had the blizzard, but not sure what's going to happen with this one. All I know is that I somehow have to try to make it into Boston on Friday for my annual barrage of doctor's appointments and scans. Blah.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Damn storm's threatening important classes.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:13 pm

With everything shifting north, this could be bad for my city.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 1:48 pm

It'd be nice if this thing just went out to sea and left us alone. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:17 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
They're already talking about cancelling trick-or-treat here in Mass. They postponed it two days last year when we had the blizzard, but not sure what's going to happen with this one. All I know is that I somehow have to try to make it into Boston on Friday for my annual barrage of doctor's appointments and scans. Blah.

Hope you get a clean bill of health! bear hug
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
It's hurricane season. Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. 2517814472

Weawy? I though it was wabbit season. Heh-heh-heh-heh.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:33 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

Hope you get a clean bill of health! bear hug

Thanks! I'll be spending my day mostly topless and it might be kinda fun if it were things other than a boob MRI and surgeon check up--LOL. I've had my shirt off so much for medical reasons these past few years, that I should just go pose for Playboy and get paid to be undressed. big grin
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:19 am

Everyone is scared here...each and every Halloween party I was planning to hit up got cancelled because no one wants to be caught last minute. This sucks lol
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:21 am

We were told at work taht we are "essential personnel, and to show the USPS ID badge to any police" who might pull us over! LOL Luckiily I am off, but im sure i will get called in. The state of emergency is already in effect, and many places are closed.

Went to walmart at 3am after work, and the shelves are EMPTY--- no milk, bread, butter, eggs--- most soups and gatorade are gone... no tuna cans at all! its crazy
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:33 am

wants2laugh wrote:
...Went to walmart at 3am after work, and the shelves are EMPTY--- no milk, bread, butter, eggs--- most soups and gatorade are gone... no tuna cans at all! its crazy
Welcome to insane inanity.

When we have a storm coming close or even over us we get round-the-clock stupid weather coverage on all local channels. Shit we've heard forever. They should just send all the reporters home and do reruns of previous storms. Get out some footage of the reporter in a store with empty shelves, or out on the beach in a slicker suit complaining about how it is really blowing (Fuck, I just looked out my door and saw that) or complaining about the surfers who are enjoying the waves. Can't have fun in a storm - this is a serious news cast - only us stupid reporters should be out in this weather.

And what is that about the ice. Ppl standing in lines to get ice. I've never bought ice for a storm. You eat the stuff from your fridge first if the electric goes. Water can be drank at room temp. I sometimes think the reaction to storms is way overplayed. But I'm an old curmudgeon who's lived in places that didn't even have electricity or ice. It is doable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next