Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.

Go down 
+9
Nhaiyel
Forgiveness Man
Hyacinth Girl
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
CeCe
Shale
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:34 am

At least I don't have to go to work tomorrow..... Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 86890
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 am

I'm playing it by ear as far as tomorrow goes but I'm planning on staying home Tuesday. My job is most definitely non-essential Bloomberg is shutting down the buses and subways so a lot of other people will be staying home too.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Shale wrote:

Welcome to insane inanity.

When we have a storm coming close or even over us we get round-the-clock stupid weather coverage on all local channels. Shit we've heard forever. They should just send all the reporters home and do reruns of previous storms. Get out some footage of the reporter in a store with empty shelves, or out on the beach in a slicker suit complaining about how it is really blowing (Fuck, I just looked out my door and saw that) or complaining about the surfers who are enjoying the waves. Can't have fun in a storm - this is a serious news cast - only us stupid reporters should be out in this weather.

And what is that about the ice. Ppl standing in lines to get ice. I've never bought ice for a storm. You eat the stuff from your fridge first if the electric goes. Water can be drank at room temp. I sometimes think the reaction to storms is way overplayed. But I'm an old curmudgeon who's lived in places that didn't even have electricity or ice. It is doable.

My guess is they're trying to keep from losing hundreds of $ in frozen food. And I don't mean TV dinners. The freezer is where many families keep the next day's meal, not the refrigerator. I really don't think they're concerned about having a cold drink. Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:45 pm

this is true about the ice.. they store it in the fridge and freezer to keep the items cold for longer. supposedly your frige will stay cold for 24hours if u do not open it.

as far as the water, if the electricity goes out, so do a lot of the water pumps, and water sanitation facilities. that means no toilets/running water. after the ice melts in the fridge trying to keep it cool, you can then use it in other ways.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:51 pm

yay No jury duty! big grin
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Ooh. Looks like the forecast has shifted landfall from my address to W2L's. Park your car on high ground! Stay safe!!
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 am

thanks sweetie.. u too.

I have seen pics floating around on facebook of the Atlantic City boarwalk.. supposedly a section of it collapsed! They also expect the fishing pier in Ocean City MD to collapse. This is nuts
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 am

oh.. and would you believe, they STILL have not canceled the mail. They issued a statement that only Barnaget and Beach Haven are closed due to mandatory evacuations. Those employees must report to the closest PO to their homes.

I KNOW im getting called in a couple of hours--which is STUPID cause i asked them three times yesterday.. and had they said yes, i would have gotten a motel room next door. stupid management. There is no way that im drowning to save the mail the way the postal workers on the titanic did!
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:05 am

Well, glad to see you guys are still with electricity and not blown/washed away. Got concerned last nite when there were no posts since early evening. blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:12 am

wants2laugh wrote:
thanks sweetie.. u too.

I have seen pics floating around on facebook of the Atlantic City boarwalk.. supposedly a section of it collapsed! They also expect the fishing pier in Ocean City MD to collapse. This is nuts

Yeah, my daughter said she saw that. Pics floating around Facebook of AC floating around?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 am

Got a text that they're closing the office today and tomorrow. cool dance
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:35 pm

More Lost to Sandy sad

14 rescued, 2 missing from tall ship off NC

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 80be0596-ffc5-4faa-a3ff-9b532e1e893d

ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. (AP) — A replica tall ship caught in Hurricane Sandy's wrath began taking on water, forcing the crew to abandon the boat in rough seas off the North Carolina coast. The Coast Guard rescued 14 crew members by helicopter Monday but two people were still missing.

The HMS Bounty, which has been featured in Hollywood films such as "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," had left Connecticut last week, en route to St. Petersburg, Fla.

"They were staying in constant contact with the National Hurricane Center," said Tracie Simonin, the director of the HMS Bounty Organization. "They were trying to make it around the storm."

The Coast Guard initially received a call from the owner of the 180-foot, three-mast ship late Sunday evening, saying communication had been lost with the vessel's crew. The Coast Guard in Portsmouth, Va., later received an emergency distress call from the Bounty, confirming its position.

Coast Guard Vice Adm. Robert Parker, Operational Commander for the Atlantic Area, told ABC's "Good Morning America" that at the time of the distress call, the ship was taking on two feet of water an hour. It had about 10 feet of water when the crew abandoned the ship.

Most of the crew made it into canopied, 25-foot rubber life rafts, he said. Amid winds of 40 mph and 18-foot seas, two helicopters flew in for the rescue about 6:30 a.m. Monday, plucking crew members from the life boats.

The ship left Connecticut on Thursday when Sandy was over Cuba, and its path and effect on the East Coast was still somewhat certain. Sandy was forecast to be several hundred miles off the Carolinas coast and the Outer Banks were not in the cone of uncertainty.

Days before it sank, the vessel had rerouted to avoid the brunt of Hurricane Sandy. However, a statement on its website acknowledged, "this will be a tough voyage for Bounty," the Tampa Bay Times reported.

The ship was built for the 1962 film "Mutiny on the Bounty," which starred Marlin Brando, and has been featured in other movies.

The HMS Bounty has docked off and on over the years at The Pier in St. Petersburg, Fla., and was scheduled to eventually arrive there in November, said Carol Everson, general manager of The Pier.

"I know they were very much looking forward to being here," she said. "They were very excited about coming down."
The Bounty's captain, Robin Walbridge, was from St. Petersburg, she said.

She and other employees of The Pier were closely following the story.

"It's devastating," she said. "Obviously you want all of the crew to be safe. It's a shame that the vessel has gone down because it's a tremendous piece of history and a great piece of history for St. Petersburg."
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:13 pm

On another board a poster and her husband have lost the business he had for 30+ years. Too close to the ocean. I feel for them.

Closer to home, we are overwhelmed with snow. It has snowed now going into the 3rd day. We usually don't get this much snow until Dec or Jan. Were having after shocks yesterday don't know about today, I swear this is about as nutty as it gets, a winter earthquake and drowning in snow as well! Friends who live higher up than we do have already shoveled a good 8 inches off their roof yesterday. We have about that much now but it snowed all night here and today as well to get that accumulation.

That means the traffic out on the highway will have to speed up. They are all determined to go fast because they have 4 wheel drive, stop? Whats that you say, stop? OOPS slid right through the stop sign!
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:14 pm

I hope you all update to let us know you are ok. New Yorkers, have you been forced to evacuate?
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Heard it's making landfall sooner than expected. Everyone in the path stay safe!
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm

Updates? You mean from people not usernamed FM, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

The winds have been going strong and steady but I expect them to get stronger as the day goes on. It's only been raining off and on and no where near the predicted amounts. So far.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Look Out NY

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 527415_293215564116553_801575295_n
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:22 pm

A lot of the reports tonight are extremely disturbing. Hope everyone is safe. big hugz
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:05 am

CeCe wrote:
A lot of the reports tonight are extremely disturbing. Hope everyone is safe. big hugz

Yeah.

I expect a lot of ppl on the Eastern Seaboard may be offline for a while. They just ran a news special and New York City has flooding in the subway and electric is out. Even the subway may be out for a while from the salt water. I forget how many ppl are already out of electric and it likely will be more.

It is really a bad storm, breaking records of storm surges going all the way back to the early 19th Century.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 am

I hope this morning finds you all well. I am sure you will post when you can. I hope none of you in Sandy's path lost power...but it sounds like so many have so I am sure it has affected a couple of you. xoxo
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 am

RedBedroom wrote:
I hope this morning finds you all well. I am sure you will post when you can. I hope none of you in Sandy's path lost power...but it sounds like so many have so I am sure it has affected a couple of you. xoxo

Yeah Red, I was thinking the same thing after reading a news feed just now. Looks like NJ & NY are without power and the flooding was quite bad. Hope all our members there are dry. Just wait & see. blank stare @ you

I can only imagine how bad it is with that superstorm (technically quit being a hurricane when it got too cold) That to me is the worse part. When we get these tropical storms they are still tropical - meaning the air is warm. What is the chill factor on a 95 mph snowstorm? Even our storm surges are warm water - the Atlantic up there not so much.

Wishing you all well - hope to see you back on here soon. big hugz
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:42 am

Yeah the power outages are massive & people need to reserve their cells for emergencies but I'll feel better when people start checking in.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 pm

IT'S ALIVE! FORGIVENESS MAN Back from the black! Hopefully the juice stays on.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:10 pm

CeCe wrote:
Yeah the power outages are massive & people need to reserve their cells for emergencies but I'll feel better when people start checking in.

Just heard on the news that there are 2.6 million ppl in NJ without power. Guess our ppl are among those - hope that is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.   Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Sandy has potential to be super storm for U.S.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next