CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Supernova
Tony Marino
Shale
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
CeCe
Chris
11 posters

Painkillers: prescription and over the counter.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Painkillers: prescription and over the counter. Empty Painkillers: prescription and over the counter.

Post by Chris Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Have you ever had an addiction or small codependency to any kind of painkillers? Or has your doctor ever ended a prescription drug for you, and you found it difficult to cope with not having it?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Painkillers: prescription and over the counter. Empty Re: Painkillers: prescription and over the counter.

Post by CeCe Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:55 pm

Don't like pain meds & won't take them unless I'm in a really BAD way.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Painkillers: prescription and over the counter. Empty Re: Painkillers: prescription and over the counter.

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:58 pm

I'm the same as CeCe. I don't like to take them unless really needed. I was taking a ton of Alleve leading up to my wisdom teeth finally getting pulled and after a long while, I was getting sick to my stomach every time I ate and I think it was due to all the Alleve.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Chris wrote:Have you ever had an addiction or small codependency to any kind of painkillers? Or has your doctor ever ended a prescription drug for you, and you found it difficult to cope with not having it?

Nope
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:57 pm

CeCe wrote:Don't like pain meds & won't take them unless I'm in a really BAD way.
    co-signs

I have gotten prescriptions for Percoset with bad tooth extractions. Tried one and found it no better than those large doses of analgesic.

Unless the pain is excruciating I don't use anything until at night so I can sleep. That way I know how bad off I am and if I'm getting better.

I later found out my wife was into drugs so my prescriptions didn't go to waste.
    blank stare @ you
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 pm

I don't take them unless I really have to. When I broke my ankle I was prescribed oxy codin (sp?) and I only took it if I felt any pain which was only the first couple of days.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:08 pm

Never had any prescribed, never got addicted to any, and the only ones there might've been a chance of that happening with were the extra strength ibuprofen which were discontinued for some reason a couple years ago.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 pm

No and no. I was prescribed Vicodin when I was having problems with my tooth....but only took it when I was in pain. Had some left over and took it for some other pain too.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Supernova wrote:Never had any prescribed, never got addicted to any, and the only ones there might've been a chance of that happening with were the extra strength ibuprofen which were discontinued for some reason a couple years ago.
    They were discontinued because they can kill you if you don't read the instructions. Ibuprofen must be taken with food. I know I very nearly bit it because of it. The instructions are actually printed on the inside of the box.If like me you throw the box away you don't read that it must be taken with food. In order to read them you have to take the box apart. Then when I ran out while on vacation in the US I bought a bottle there. The pills were bigger but then everything in the US is bigger. They worked great for my arthritis and back problems. They also caused me a bleeding ulcer that nearly killed me. I spent 7 days in ICU after major surgery and another 3 days in hospital. All because there was no obvious warning that told me to take with food. After that experience I started taking Glucosamine and to my surprise after 6 months or so it worked. Unfortunaely it does not take care of the back.

Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm

No, but I've known people who have.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:41 pm

Almost. Once while I had the flu, I began taking Tylenol PM to help sooth my anxious restlessness…and I kept right on taking them well past my recovery. I began carrying them around in my purse and would pop one whenever I got stressed. Finally a girlfriend of mine was like "you need to start going easy on those thing." She was right and I basically stopped at that point.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:26 am