CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Forgiveness Man
wants2laugh
FireIce918
Cheaps
Suzi
captainbryce
CeCe
Shale
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Chris
15 posters

Tony and Ny

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Tony and Ny - Page 2 Empty Re: Tony and Ny

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:24 pm

TONY MARINO bear hug Welcome back, Tony, we're glad you okay! Sorry to hear everything's going so bad over there though. Never have I been so happy to be stuck in this boring little pocket in the middle of the country.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:27 pm

CeCe wrote:Tony!!!!!!! big hugz big hugz big hugz big hugz big hugz Glad you're ok! Hope things become at least bearable soon!
    co-signs

Your plight has been making the news - that it is going to take a long time to get NY and NJ livable again and there are lots of ppl out of homes. Also there is another storm coming on top of all that.

DAMN! Tony, wishing you well in all this.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Hey gang I made it back, my internet just started working at home. Thanks for your concern!! Thank you to FM for delivering my message too! If you have not heard from NYstyle its probably because her power might be out and she has no way of charging her cell phone. There are still thousands on Long Island and in Queens where NY lives that have no power. Mass destruction everywhere, I have never seen anything like this in my life. I was fortunate my house was spared but one brother and one sister of mine lost everything when the surge came in and flooded their homes. I have my sister living with me now until she can get everything back in order which is going to take a very long time.

Trains just started running again out here so I can go back to work tomorrow. One of the biggest problems is getting gas, the lines are blocks and blocks long, some friends of mine have waited up to 7 hours on lines only to be turned away when the station ran out of gas. I don't understand why the governor did not call for odd and even days like they did in Jersey, its sickening. A lot of gas stations have gas but no power to pump it.

Most of the beaches are now gone, destroyed in the storm. In all my years I have never seen a storm of this magnitude, never saw wind blowing the way it did, all trees toppled over into the streets and on homes and power lines. My house missed a tree falling on it because another tree next to it caught it and held it up.

I am frustrated because I wanted to help my brother out but had limited gas and could only get to my sister's house to start the process of throwing everything in her house out. I hope in the next few days things will start getting back to some semblance of normalcy but it is going to take years to repair all this destruction to Long Island and Staten Island and New Jersey.
    This completely sucks. I went on leave (to Philly) for two weeks and was really hoping to get up there, but it's impossible to get gas and my Aunt is still without power. So basically, I flew to the other side of the country, and I'm not even going to see half of my family. But I guess it could have been worse and there are people much worse off than me, so I have to count my blessings.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am

Glad everyone is okay. Tony, I KNOW how ur family feels losing everything. the thing to keep in mind is that all are safe. the insurance and fema is a nightmare. truly wish u all the best.

My mother is the bluest democrat i have ever seen, and even she is saying that she likes Christie's way of handling things thru this tragedy. The odd/even were a good idea.. as they did in the 70s... he has really been out there trying to organize and get help. I have to commend him for that... cause normally i think he is a huge jerk.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 am

TONY!!! bear hug big hugz Tony and Ny - Page 2 RunningCryingFatBlackLady Boy so glad to hear from you!!!

Now it's time from MS NY AND NYHAIYEL !!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Tony, I am so glad you checked in with us but am so sad to read some of your family has been so tragically affected. I wish nothing but the best for you all as you work together to build it all back. xoxo
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Supernova wrote: TONY MARINO bear hug Welcome back, Tony, we're glad you okay! Sorry to hear everything's going so bad over there though. Never have I been so happy to be stuck in this boring little pocket in the middle of the country.

Thanks SN I am happy that you were spared this tragedy, its like living in a live nightmare!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm

wants2laugh wrote:Glad everyone is okay. Tony, I KNOW how ur family feels losing everything. the thing to keep in mind is that all are safe. the insurance and fema is a nightmare. truly wish u all the best.

My mother is the bluest democrat i have ever seen, and even she is saying that she likes Christie's way of handling things thru this tragedy. The odd/even were a good idea.. as they did in the 70s... he has really been out there trying to organize and get help. I have to commend him for that... cause normally i think he is a huge jerk.

WTL I know you know what its like. I am finding out about the insurances and Fema now and like you said its a real pain. Hopefully you were spared this time.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:27 pm

Thank you all for your well wishes. I guess Alan is o.k. I see posts from him.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:54 pm

CeCe wrote:Tony!!!!!!! big hugz big hugz big hugz big hugz big hugz Glad you're ok! Hope things become at least bearable soon!

Thanks CeCe, me too!!!! bear hug
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Nephew! bear hug I'm glad you were sparred but sorry about some of your siblings. That's what I keep telling myself as other people we know chime in on Facebook, "We just got power back!" as we sit in the dark...we're still a lot better off than others.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Nephew! bear hug I'm glad you were sparred but sorry about some of your siblings. That's what I keep telling myself as other people we know chime in on Facebook, "We just got power back!" as we sit in the dark...we're still a lot better off than others.

Glad your ok too uncle. I guess your right we are better off than others but it is still causing so much stress, especially in the wake of the next storm coming.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm

BIG BRO! bear hug
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:BIG BRO! bear hug

Lil Bro Smile bear hug
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Welcome back! big grin
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm

tony... if u need any answers to the FEMA stuff let me know. they tell u to wait to apply for FEMA until after the insurance makes a decision, but then the deadline is BEFORE the insurance makes its estimates because they have so many months from the date of loss to complete the paperwork. Most likely, you will have to have your insurance adjuster, then a FEMA rep come in. After that... FEMA gave us $1800 to cover 2 months of rent. Then FEMA does nothing else and wants you to go to the Small Business Association for a low interest loan. There should be a FEMA office set up in your area-- they stay there for a couple months. It sucked tho.. cause we had to wait for the insurance check which included the mortgage company... send it to them to endorse, then wait for them to cash it, and pay off the house with it before we could knock it down and rebuild. That was all over a year ago, and the house is STILL standing because the county and the state are arguing over what kind of zone it is, and if rebuilding is possible. It's a mess.

Don't lose hope tho. everyone is safe... could have been much worse. Glad u n Al are ok. Still worried about the others.. hoping its just a no electricity thing
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 am

Glad you're back and safe. I can't even imagine what that situation must be like.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:14 am

Now I'ma need Ny to chime in soon too.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

wants2laugh wrote:tony... if u need any answers to the FEMA stuff let me know. they tell u to wait to apply for FEMA until after the insurance makes a decision, but then the deadline is BEFORE the insurance makes its estimates because they have so many months from the date of loss to complete the paperwork. Most likely, you will have to have your insurance adjuster, then a FEMA rep come in. After that... FEMA gave us $1800 to cover 2 months of rent. Then FEMA does nothing else and wants you to go to the Small Business Association for a low interest loan. There should be a FEMA office set up in your area-- they stay there for a couple months. It sucked tho.. cause we had to wait for the insurance check which included the mortgage company... send it to them to endorse, then wait for them to cash it, and pay off the house with it before we could knock it down and rebuild. That was all over a year ago, and the house is STILL standing because the county and the state are arguing over what kind of zone it is, and if rebuilding is possible. It's a mess.

Don't lose hope tho. everyone is safe... could have been much worse. Glad u n Al are ok. Still worried about the others.. hoping its just a no electricity thing

Thanks WTL I too hope everyone else is o.k.

Its my sister and brother who lost everything. She has a meeting with her flood insurance advisor today at her house. Basically they already told her that her policy only covers structure damage to the house no contents which she was not aware of. FEMA has been to see my brother already and they wanted him to prove that it was the Wind and not water that wiped him out???? Did you ever hear of such a ridiculous thing? I was under the impression FEMA was for flood damage not wind damage. Neither of their home owner policy covers hurricane damage they only cover fire damage. The flood insurance only covers The Gas Burner, Water heater and supposedly appliances. I didn't know appliances were part of a structure of the house.

Lesson to all, read the fine print of your policies and make sure you understand what you do have and don't have.

I will know more later when I see my sister.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Damn, Tony. I am sorry they are going through shit with their coverage.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Cheaps wrote: TONY!!! bear hug big hugz Tony and Ny - Page 2 RunningCryingFatBlackLady Boy so glad to hear from you!!!

Now it's time from MS NY AND NYHAIYEL !!

Thanks Cheaps Smile bear hug
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:36 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Damn, Tony. I am sorry they are going through shit with their coverage.

My sister hired an Adjustor and he basically said "Bullshit" to the insurance company. I overheard a man say during Irene he had property damage and his insurance did not want to pay. He hired an adjustor and got 25 grand to fix his damage. Who knows, we shall see.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm

It sounds like a good move to have hired the adjuster. You will have to update us in a few weeks. I will keep your brother and sister in my prayers many nights in the coming weeks.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:27 pm

RedBedroom wrote:It sounds like a good move to have hired the adjuster. You will have to update us in a few weeks. I will keep your brother and sister in my prayers many nights in the coming weeks.

Thanks so much Red bear hug
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Bless You and you family Tony!! I can't begin to imagine what you guys are going through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:18 am