What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's your opinion on the death penalty?

Go down 
+8
Suzi
captainbryce
Alan Smithee
Shale
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Supernova
CaffeinePlease
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:07 pm

face palm
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Supernova wrote:
...Considering that God is supposed to know and feel everything that every person on the planet who ever did live and does live now, and ever will, then He knows how everybody who's lost someone to a brutal murder feels, He knows everything that everybody feels: all the hate, anger, pain, loss, betrayal, there is nothing we can feel that He doesn't know about. But He still gave everybody the same opportunity to be saved.

Seeing as how this thread has already been hijacked with a discussion of how many angels can dance on the point of a needle, let me add:

Why the fuck didn't this almgighty god prevent the psychopaths from killing the ppl? Then there would be no need for forgiveness - or the death penalty.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Shale wrote:

Seeing as how this thread has already been hijacked with a discussion of how many angels can dance on the point of a needle, let me add:

Why the fuck didn't this almgighty god prevent the psychopaths from killing the ppl? Then there would be no need for forgiveness - or the death penalty.

It's called "free will", Shale--you can choose to murder, not to murder, to ask forgiveness and believe in God or not. Pick your own destiny, and sometimes evil and bad things are allowed by God to happen in order to bring about something greater, better, etc. And that's the basis of faith-- trusting that God is always in control no matter how hopeless the situation seems in our eyes, and that He can ultimately turn any situation around for the good--even murder and the death penalty.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Shale wrote:

If I recall correctly we are allowed to wallow in our "folly" as we have been given "free will". Well except for the "free will" to call bullshit on the whole thing. The punishment for that is eternal fire & damnation with gnashing teeth & all that.

I don't think we should be basing our government or prison system on what some invisible mysterious being may or may not want, think or do at some point in the future. That's called a theocracy.

We do the best we can with what we have. But we need to make improvements. I just don't think those improvements include a higher body count. We need literal sentences that are not negotiable through "good behavior" or overcrowding or any other absurd reason that doesn't involve real evidence of innocence. 25 to life shouldn't mean they might be out in 8. It should mean a minimum of 25 years & then a parole hearing. Life without parole means NO parole hearing. This is where I think the country has skidded off the road. The sentences don't really have any meaning. If they did, that might be a better deterrent. The death penalty is not a deterrent. It isn't even really "justice". It's revenge. The danger is not only taking that revenge out on a person who doesn't even deserve it but in becoming a country worse than the people we're executing.

Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:02 am

speaking of parole tho... i think it is better to let them out a couple years early on parole and be able to check on them and monitor them. Once someone serves their complete sentence, they have free reign to do as they want (unless sex offenders). They have paid their debt. Being on parole allows someone to inspect them a little and see how they adjust.

Come ppl like Manson who were "raised" in prisons become so institutionalized that they cannot be assimilated back into society.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:24 pm

You do know that it costs more to execute someone than it does to keep them for their life?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Suzi wrote:
You do know that it costs more to execute someone than it does to keep them for their life?

I've seen "facts" on both sides of that argument.

Besides the obvious and real risk of executing someone who is not guilty of the crime, it's the totally arbitrary application of the death penalty that troubles me.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Beyond a reasonable doubt, fry them.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Some truly heinous crimes I can look away when it involves the death penalty....but for the most part, I don't agree with it and never will. It's barbaric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your opinion on the death penalty?   What's your opinion on the death penalty? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your opinion on the death penalty?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2