CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Chris
tandmfan
TSJFan4Ever
Adrian LePere
gmruss4
Crazy4Gaga
Forgiveness Man
pisces33
Tony Marino
13 posters

Ugh TSJ fans read this.

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Ugh TSJ fans read this. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ugh TSJ fans read this.

Post by TSJFan4Ever Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:39 pm

My time with OLTL will last only as long as Trevor's. He's the reason I began watching OLTL and he's the reason I'm still watching. When he leaves, I will too, unless OLTL DRASTICALLY improves, which I can't see happening.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:15 am

I was a fan of RH's Todd, a pretty big one actually...and when TSJ initially showed up as Walker Laurence, and there were early murmurings of his possibly being Todd after massive plastic surgery, I admit that I scoffed at it because it sounded like such a ridiculous idea. I didn't like Walker at all. At all. IMO he was boring and I wasn't at all impressed by TSJ when he played him, and thought that there was no way this wooden plank could possibly be Todd. Also, plastic surgery s/l's to explain the change in the characters face from one actor to the next are a very trite and cheesy angle to take. (Hang on there TSJ fans, I'm coming back to your side.) But as time went on, and "Walker" began to show more and more Todd traits, I began thawing to the idea. By the time he was revealed to be Todd, I was 100% for it, and have been on his side ever since.

Sometimes it takes the *right* role for an actor to shine, and Todd was it was TSJ. This is why I roll my eyes when it's callously suggested that "RH can come back and TSJ can stay on as Walker, that way we can have both!" Um, no. I don't want Walker back. Walker was dull, useless, served no real purpose and in no way highlighted TSJ's talent. As far as RH goes, again I *was* as a fan of his Todd during the years he played him, but amazingly I transitioned to TSJ's version quickly, and got over him. If RH had stayed on Todd, I would probably still be a fan of his characterization, but he left and I moved on. I'm not at all interested in trying to go back to Pearl Jam/Clinton era OLTL via him. And truth be told, you can't always put Humpty Dumpty back together again. I think we saw that when Andrea Evans return as Tina didn't automatically recapture the allure of 1987 OLTL.

If TSJ left the show by his own choosing, and the role of Todd was put on hiatus, then maybe I would be less hostile at the idea of RH returning...but the way I see it, TSJ has rocked and rolled in it for seven years, is possibly the most astonishingly good recast OLTL ever had, and as far as I'm concerned, the role is now his. He earned it, and IMO allegiance should go to him. If OLTL tries to get cute and serve up this "Impostor vs. The 'Real' Thing" scenario, I would be monstrously insulted and would bid the show adieu. I wouldn't be interested in any explanation or excuse. That would be an irreconcilable difference.

Again, I don't want to give too much credence to Internet rumors (because truth be told, this 'spumor' is not at all new or original. This same speculation has circulated since TSJ took over the role. It's just being recycled again, and with ATWT ending it seems more sensational than ever), but I just felt like elaborating on the overall subject.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks Chris. What you said made a lot of sense. Maybe RH was best as Todd and just wasn't a good fit with his ATWT character, 'cause I know I really didn't like Paul at all. I know that Todd was popular, so I keep thinking that he must have been a lot better as Todd than he was as Paul. I know these rumours and I think the fact that ATWT has been cancelled is fuelling those rumours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:57 pm