SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! Empty
PostSubject: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 am

For Supernova from last weeks discussion I now checked the prices of a few items.

The type of milk I drink, 1/2 Gallon $4.99
Loaf of Bread Wheat: $4.19
The biggest shocker of them all when I checked the price of an Entemanns Crum Cake I bought it was 6.79!!!!!

I then looked at other items on my receipt and my hair stood up on end. FOOD IS DAMNED EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

I don't know what to do to lower the cost now.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 am

Tony Marino wrote:
...I then looked at other items on my receipt and my hair stood up on end. FOOD IS DAMNED EXPENSIVE!!!!!!

I only do the 10 items or less when I go to the grocery store and that's when you really notice. Used to be $15-20 for my 10 items, now it is always $20 to $30+.

Also, when using my card I used to get $20 back for spending cash. Now I get $50 back and it lasts about the same. Everything is going up except my paycheck.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 11:54 am

Shale wrote:

I only do the 10 items or less when I go to the grocery store and that's when you really notice. Used to be $15-20 for my 10 items, now it is always $20 to $30+.

Also, when using my card I used to get $20 back for spending cash. Now I get $50 back and it lasts about the same. Everything is going up except my paycheck.

Amen to that!!
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:11 pm

Holy crap, Tony, 1/2 gallon of milk where you are costs more than a full gallon here.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Supernova wrote:
Holy crap, Tony, 1/2 gallon of milk where you are costs more than a full gallon here.

I get Lactaid Milk, I can't drink whole milk I guess that is why its so expensive?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Tony, maybe you can check the company sites of the more pricey products to see if they ever offer manufacturers coupons.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

I get Lactaid Milk, I can't drink whole milk I guess that is why its so expensive?

Oh could be, I don't know if they sell that stuff here or not but if they do I'll have to see how much it costs.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:06 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Tony, maybe you can check the company sites of the more pricey products to see if they ever offer manufacturers coupons.

Red that may be so but when it comes to shopping I am a typical guy and never check for anything. I am going to try to be more conscious of what i buy and spend now.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Supernova wrote:

Oh could be, I don't know if they sell that stuff here or not but if they do I'll have to see how much it costs.

When I was in Wal-mart last week for the hell of it I bought their brand of lactaid milk and it was I think 3 and change. Have not tried it yet to see if there is any big difference.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:12 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Red that may be so but when it comes to shopping I am a typical guy and never check for anything. I am going to try to be more conscious of what i buy and spend now.

It's much, much better than eating out all the time, Tony. So, don't get hard on yourself for some of the pricey foods. They are cheaper than eating out and healthier.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 3:18 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

It's much, much better than eating out all the time, Tony. So, don't get hard on yourself for some of the pricey foods. They are cheaper than eating out and healthier.

True Red but even I know that I waste money on food items that go into my pantry closet and stay there for months then I end up throwing them out when they are out dated. I usually only go out to eat once or twice a week and yes it can be more expensive than a weeks groceries.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:52 pm

I buy milk by the quart and I see that it went up from $.90 to $1.29. When I buy almond milk (mostly), it cost $4.19. Bread usually cost me about $2 to $3. These are regular....they don't put them on sale, except for the bread. When I buy baked goods, I ALWAYS buy them on sale. I'm about to start shopping at Aldi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!   SN  Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake! Empty

Back to top Go down

SN Prices of Milk, Bread and a Cake!
Page 1 of 1