Things you are amazed you remember after many years Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Things you are amazed you remember after many years

Go down 
+2
Shale
Supernova
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Things you are amazed you remember after many years Empty
PostSubject: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm

What are some little things that you can still recall years after the last time you had to think about them, and are amazed you can remember it?

When my brother was in college he had an art class and during a timed test on the computer they were asking names of four famous artists from the Renaissance era, and he knew it was the same names of the Ninja Turtles, but none of us had seen the movie or cartoons in many years, but I was the one asked for their names, and I remembered: Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael.

Another one that I thought about last night, that I couldn't believe I still remember, the Spice Girls' names, both their Spice names and real ones: Scary, Ginger, Sporty, Posh and Baby, or Mel B., Geri, Mel C., Victoria and Emma. That one really surprised me because I haven't listened to their music in about 11 years.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm

I got some replica dog tags and was surprised that I remembered my AF serial # after half a century.

I had to memorize parts of the Rime of The Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge in high school. The opening stanza I still remember.

"It is an ancient mariner
and he stoppeth one of three.
By thy long grey beard
and glittering eye,
Now wherefore stoppst thou me?"

Oh yeah, we were supposed to memorize the seven continents in Jr.Hi. Teach never gave us the test - I was pissed that I memorized it for nothing.

So here to impress you some 55 years later (in descending order by size) big grin

Asia
Africa
North America
South America
Europe
Australia
Antarctica

And I even questioned how Europe and Asia can be separate 'continents' - there was a Eurocentric prejudice at the time.
blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:21 pm

I memorized my uncle's phone number as a kid just from hearing Mom tell it to Dad. I always remembered it and still do, but the area code changed about three years ago and so I had to learn that part. I also remember our phone number from our home in Chicago and it's been over 20 years.

I haven't worked in dentistry in 11.5 years and I am very surprised how much I remember in the category of tools, supplies and other lingo.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm

I still remember the address we lived at in New Milford NJ where we lived until I was 8 and the address and phone number of where we moved to after that. I really don't remember too many of my teachers.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:43 pm

I remember various things from my childhood....even the most minute ones. I can't pick one that stands out.
Back to top Go down
TheEnglishButterfly
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
TheEnglishButterfly

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:36 pm

Supernova wrote:
What are some little things that you can still recall years after the last time you had to think about them, and are amazed you can remember it?

When my brother was in college he had an art class and during a timed test on the computer they were asking names of four famous artists from the Renaissance era, and he knew it was the same names of the Ninja Turtles, but none of us had seen the movie or cartoons in many years, but I was the one asked for their names, and I remembered: Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael.

Another one that I thought about last night, that I couldn't believe I still remember, the Spice Girls' names, both their Spice names and real ones: Scary, Ginger, Sporty, Posh and Baby, or Mel B., Geri, Mel C., Victoria and Emma. That one really surprised me because I haven't listened to their music in about 11 years.

I remember lots of crazy memories that were from when I was so little, or so insignificant that Im amazed I remember them. I remember the layout of my preschool and watching Barney in this room with this little sandbox, and the smell of apple juice and teddy grahams reminds me of that preschool. I must of been like... 4 there. Smells are a big trigger of memories for me and I can remember many smells... like how my grandmothers purse smelled.

I remember the look that an old ex had when we danced together at Tracks (a club here for gay teens/young adults) that is a legend here. I remember the song too... he passed away a few years later and it devastated me.

I remember a movie I used to watch all the damn time, "Dance with the White dog" I was really little when that came out.

I remember when my Dad got into a car accident when I was like 4, and I was scared to go near him.

I remember the day that my sister gave birth to her rapists baby, though I wasnt told that she gave birth until some years later. I distinctly remember that day though.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 11:52 pm

TheEnglishButterfly wrote:

I remember a movie I used to watch all the damn time, "Dance with the White dog" I was really little when that came out.

I always wanted to see that movie as a kid, I saw a commercial for it on TV and always wanted to see it, and finally did about 4 or 5 years ago, I loved it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you are amazed you remember after many years   Things you are amazed you remember after many years Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you are amazed you remember after many years
Page 1 of 1