CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Tony Marino
Shale
Supernova
7 posters

Obama and the victims' families

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Obama and the victims' families Empty Obama and the victims' families

Post by Supernova Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:59 am

Maybe this is just me, if my child or my wife or my anybody, had just been brutally murdered, I would NOT want anybody, least of all the president of the United States, to be coming down and making big speeches and having his picture taken with me, going on about 'If we don't want this to happen again then...' you know what? The day it happens and he's making speeches, the next day he comes down to visit with them and make more speeches...personally I'd think if I just lost a member of my family, not only would the president be the LAST person I'd want to see, but I'd be wondering why the hell he can't show common sense and take a breather before bombarding us with his presence. You know, your child has just been killed I really doubt among the first things in your mind is 'what's the president going to do about this? When's he coming down here?'

Again, probably it's just me but what's everyone else think?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Obama and the victims' families Empty Re: Obama and the victims' families

Post by Shale Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 pm

If I were a parent who had experienced that kind of loss I would likely be numb. What happened in my surroundings would appear surreal and I would probably not think anything about it.

My personal loss would probably prevent me from even being aware that this was a tragedy of national proportion that affected unrelated ppl everywhere, including a president who is also a father and can't imagine such loss.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Supernova wrote:Maybe this is just me, if my child or my wife or my anybody, had just been brutally murdered, I would NOT want anybody, least of all the president of the United States, to be coming down and making big speeches and having his picture taken with me, going on about 'If we don't want this to happen again then...' you know what? The day it happens and he's making speeches, the next day he comes down to visit with them and make more speeches...personally I'd think if I just lost a member of my family, not only would the president be the LAST person I'd want to see, but I'd be wondering why the hell he can't show common sense and take a breather before bombarding us with his presence. You know, your child has just been killed I really doubt among the first things in your mind is 'what's the president going to do about this? When's he coming down here?'

Again, probably it's just me but what's everyone else think?

I agree with you SN and that speech last night was waaaaaaaaaaaay over dramatic.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 pm

This is also part of his fucking JOB. I swear those dumbfucks on FOX "News" were bitching about it.(SURPRISE!!!) When something like this happens it happens to us as a NATION. It's his goddamn job. And no one forced anyone to be there. Anyone who was there went on their own free will. Maybe the families needed that. I swear to a non existent god the only people politicizing anything are the people who will find anything they possibly can to bitch about everything the president does.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:01 pm

I do think Obama's milking this crisis for all it's worth. (Like he does with every crisis.) On one hand, I DO understand his presence there, but at the same time, it's difficult to avoid feeling the "let's exploit this to make us look good" aspect of it all.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:25 pm

Unfortunately we'll never know for certain if his presence and comments there were shamless pandering (as his opponents contend) or that that it was leadership in the face of a growing national crisis.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Unfortunately we'll never know for certain if his presence and comments there were shamless pandering (as his opponents contend) or that that it was leadership in the face of a growing national crisis.

You know this reminds me of a discussion from back when I posted on the IMDb soapbox. When there is a school shooting everybody goes 'why?' but nobody really looks for an answer. Why do I say that? How do we find answers? By analyzing the question and all the possibilities surrounding it, and to do that we have to TALK about the shootings. But nobody wants to talk about them, and why not? 'Oh nobody wants to talk about that because it's not a pleasant topic'. And when has that EVER given us a solution to ANY problem in the world? We don't get answers by burying our heads in the sand and pretending that just because it's horrible that we should ignore it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 pm

CeCe wrote:This is also part of his fucking JOB. I swear those dumbfucks on FOX "News" were bitching about it.(SURPRISE!!!) When something like this happens it happens to us as a NATION. It's his goddamn job. And no one forced anyone to be there. Anyone who was there went on their own free will. Maybe the families needed that. I swear to a non existent god the only people politicizing anything are the people who will find anything they possibly can to bitch about everything the president does.

Basically. If he would've stayed at the White House or went on vacation or some shit, they would've been complaining then too. Obeezy can't win

Actually, he can. And did.
    Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:57 pm