Jack Reacher Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Reacher

Go down 
+3
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Impact
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:03 am

I'm gonna see it this weekend, but I am not convinced Tom Cruise was at all right to play the title role. I'm sure most authors would be fine with Cruise being cast as a lead considering the star power he brings to a project, but aside from Cruise not being the right height or build for the part, he also doesn't seem to have the grit and gravitas either. He looks too pretty, too clean. Reacher is a drifter who rides the bus between backwater towns wearing Wranglers and a Hanes T, he doesn't cruise city streets in his cherry muscle car and designer leather jacket. I think Cruise wanted his own Bourne-like franchise with the up-close physical fighting and such and so this becomes another vanity project for him.

So that was my rant about this new Jack Reacher movie. Anybody else planning to see this?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 am

Despite his Scientology shenanigans, I like most of Tom Cruise's movies. This looks interesting but we're going to see The Hobbit this weekend.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 am

Is this one still postponed? Heard that they were changing the release date but still keep seeing it on tv. Yeah I'm not thrilled about the Tom Cruise casting. He was great as Vincent in Collateral though so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:33 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:38 pm

I have no plans on seeing this movie.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I read that fans of the books would find fault with a shorter more diminutive Jack Reacher but since I did not read the books, it makes no difference to me. So, it is one of my to-see movies this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Cheaps wrote:
I have no plans on seeing this movie.

Me neither
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Impact wrote:
I'm gonna see it this weekend, but I am not convinced Tom Cruise was at all right to play the title role. I'm sure most authors would be fine with Cruise being cast as a lead considering the star power he brings to a project, but aside from Cruise not being the right height or build for the part, he also doesn't seem to have the grit and gravitas either. He looks too pretty, too clean. Reacher is a drifter who rides the bus between backwater towns wearing Wranglers and a Hanes T, he doesn't cruise city streets in his cherry muscle car and designer leather jacket. I think Cruise wanted his own Bourne-like franchise with the up-close physical fighting and such and so this becomes another vanity project for him.

So that was my rant about this new Jack Reacher movie. Anybody else planning to see this?

Just saw it and it is a great movie (cinematografy, pacing) and Tom was a good badass. I know the casting was not in accordance with the book, but having not read the book I could really enjoy Cruise in the role. BTW, he is quite short but they compensated with camera angles somehow and you aren't aware of it. Also, while he was driving a gorgeous red muscle car - it wasn't his - he stole it (or rather, one of the crooks gave it to him after some convincing).
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:41 pm

Shale wrote:

Just saw it and it is a great movie (cinematografy, pacing) and Tom was a good badass. I know the casting was not in accordance with the book, but having not read the book I could really enjoy Cruise in the role. BTW, he is quite short but they compensated with camera angles somehow and you aren't aware of it. Also, while he was driving a gorgeous red muscle car - it wasn't his - he stole it (or rather, one of the crooks gave it to him after some convincing).

I laughed at one of Nicole Kidman's comments after their divorce. "Now I can wear heels again."
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Jack Reacher
Movie Blurb
December 21, 2012

So, the world didn't end today. In fact it was a beautiful cool sunny day to bike to the Cinema and see an action flick with Tom Cruise (who is still an action hero at 50). He plays the character Jack Reacher from Lee Child's novels, an ex-Army policeman who is off the grid but shows up when needed.

I have read that Cruise does not fit the physical description of Jack in the books, who was just under six-and-a-half feet tall and Tom is just over five-and-a-half. However, since I never read the books it doesn't matter to me. Besides the camera angles seemed to have compensated for that because Cruise looked rather impressively large on screen and convincing in the hand-to-hand fights.

This movie opens with a sniper setting up to kill random ppl in Pittsburgh. It is just bad timing for this movie considering the school murders a week before. But it would have been disturbing seeing random ppl taken out by a sniper at any time.

After the five murders, detective Emerson (David Oyelowo) soon finds enuf evidence to bring in James Barr (Joseph Sikora) a retired Army sniper. District Attorney Alex Rodin (Richard Jenkins) is pleased that the overwhelming evidence will make a fast case that he can't lose. But instead of the confession they thot they were getting from Barr, he merely writes on the paper, "Get Jack Reacher." No one knows how to get Reacher but he shows up at their door after seeing Barr on the news. Reacher and Barr do know each other but are not buddies. However, Reacher hangs around to assist Barr's defense attorney Helen Rodin (Rosamund Pike) who is also daughter of the DA.

I liked the movie a lot - thot it was well made and the action convincing. Unless you are a purist of the books, (in which case just go read it) I would say you should enjoy this movie.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7491380#post7491380

Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:23 am

Saw it tonight. Left it whelmed. I actually did like Cruise in the role, seemed suited to his strengths, but the supporting cast was thoroughly meh. Thought it was funny how Reacher says "Mission Impossible" in the movie. Guess they knew people were gonna compare it to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jack Reacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack Reacher   Jack Reacher Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Reacher
Page 1 of 1